Consumer reports loves them

dria

Threads
I was reading consumer reports and Craftsman was rated quite high being called "some of the best". Cub Cadet was a close second. The next mower report will not come out until next spring. Just thought I would let you all know. :)

noodle

Threads
Thanks for the info. I always thought that Cub Cadet was at the top of the list. I have been considering getting an online subscription to Consumer Reports just to find this sort of thing out.

BKBrown

Lawn Addict
Threads
I like Consumer Reports for many things, but for some reason they have always disliked Subaru Vehicles and we love them.

Just my personal experience, (I could have just had a lemon) the ONE Craftsman Garden Tractor I had went back in a week (worst piece of junk I ever owned :thumbdown:).

Texas Turtle

Threads
Consumer Reports always seems to rate whatever I have directly opposite to my experience. From cars to can openers, the ones they hate seem to work the best for me.

lizard

Threads
I like Consumer Reports for many things, but for some reason they have always disliked Subaru Vehicles and we love them.

Just my personal experience, (I could have just had a lemon) the ONE Craftsman Garden Tractor I had went back in a week (worst piece of junk I ever owned :thumbdown:).

Subaru is owned by Fuji Heavy Industries..........they make the best things on this Planet!
Ask people on the forum for a real opinion............not a paid opinion!:eek:

Last edited:

BKBrown

Lawn Addict
Threads
Subaru is owned by Fuji Industries..........they make the best things on this Planet!
Ask people on the forum for a real opinion............not a paid opinion!:eek:

It's not called Fuji Heavy Industries for nothing ! :biggrin:

Manny

Threads
I honestly don't own a tractor, but I love everything Craftsman, and this would be my first choice. I am not sure what happened in BK's case - obviously Inspector 49 let that one slip!

Walt 2002

Threads
I have a Consumer's Report subscription which is about to run out and I will let it. I have little faith in their ratings. Craftsman riding mowers are at or near the bottom of the re-sale desirability list in our area, I have bought, repaired, re-sold riding mowers for over 50 years.

Walt Conner

BKBrown

Lawn Addict
Threads
I honestly don't own a tractor, but I love everything Craftsman, and this would be my first choice. I am not sure what happened in BK's case - obviously Inspector 49 let that one slip!

I believe part of it is that I was used to Tractors like the Allice Chalmers, John Deere, Gravely that are actually built like commercial equipment.

That Craftsman was basically designed cheaply and did not even do a good job of mowing (that it was designed for). It just felt "cheap" in comparison to what I was used to. I should have checked it out better before I ordered it.

I have personally been happy with Gravely 18 Hp Onan, Deere 318 , and now the VENTRAC 4200 -- the Allice Chalmers were the tractors Dad had and I used while growing up. :biggrin:

mois25

Threads
Is it the case that the paid opinions will slant the reality a bit? I would also go for the consumer subscription reports just to study the trend but it would not change my opinion of what I deem to be my best.