compression

gregjo1948

Threads
Working on an 11.5hp I/C Briggs. The plastic recoil parts are broken, even the handle grip that you pull. The owner wants it converted to electic start because it pulls over so hard it breaks the recoil. I installed a stator,flywheel with starter ring gear and a starter. The engine has too much compression for the starter to roll it over. Now I see why he wanted it converted to electric start. My question is, why so much compression? Is there a compression release somewhere on this engine? Did Briggs put in the wrong piston or the wrong head. The owner says probably isn't 20 hours on the engine and it has always been mean to pull over. Any ideas would be appreciated. Thank you, gregjo1948

Fish

Lawn Pro
Threads
Also, pull the head off, and clean the piston top and the combustion chamber......

EngineMan

Lawn Addict
Threads
There is no compression release that I know of, remove the spark plug and then see if you can turn over engine by hand, you do not say if it run OK when the owner did get it to run, and did you check the valve clearance and that they are working correctly.

gregjo1948

Threads