Club Cadet 1325 transmission shifting problems

carerepair

Forum Newbie
Threads
My Club Cadet is stuck in neutral and won't shift in any forward gear or reverse, what is my problem???

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Do you have a gear shift or speed shift transmission? Can you shift it with the unit not running? Did it happen suddenly or has it slowly gotten worse? Sorry to ask questions, but need more input.

carerepair

Forum Newbie
Threads
I have a gear shift type, over time it was getting harder to get it to shift, now it won't shift out of neutral either forward or reverse. I can't shift it running or not running..

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Sorry to say, but it is time to R&R the tranny. Please post the model and serial number of the unit (located under the seat) and I'll see if I can give you a better understanding of what the problem might be.

carerepair

Forum Newbie
Threads
Thanks, here's the info I have: Factory# 133-223-100 Model # 1325, Seriel # 000236347

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
This website has a breakdown of your tractor which may help you. There is a page which show an entire parts breakdown of your transmission.

http://www.mymowerparts.com/pdf/Cub...ts-Manual-For-Model-1325-SN-207401-239300.pdf

You have a Tecumseh Peerless transaxle and this is a service manual if you decide to repair it yourself.

http://www.mymowerparts.com/pdf/Tec...FFERENTIALS-SERVICE--REPAIR-MANUAL-691218.pdf

I have repaired many of these units, and I would not recommend digging into it unless you feel you a mechanically inclined. If you decide you are going to tackle this let me know and I will give you a few tips to what to watch out for. It is not a hard task, but can make you look like a fool very quickly.

carerepair

Forum Newbie
Threads
Thanks for the info, I'm going to find a used one somewhere, I checked with Club Cadet Parts and the transaxel is no longer available, it has a great engine so I really hate to junk it. I could probably tackle the transmission, but it certainly looks like a lot of gears to keep track of!! Appreciate your help.

carerepair

Forum Newbie
Threads
I don't know if this would work or not. I have a Craftsman riding mower, would the transaxel fit? Do they use the Tecumseh transaxels? Its also a gear type transmission.