The mower is at Best Truck Equipment in Painesville, OH

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Is that the first or second dealer?

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
I hope your receipt has an explanation of what repairs were made. I many other techs on this site would like to know Scags solution.

ZO6ZOOM

Threads
I hope your receipt has an explanation of what repairs were made. I many other techs on this site would like to know Scags solution.
They attached some black and white pictures of the pulleys showing corrosion and said it was acting like sandpaper on the belt. They replaced all the drive pulleys and a new belt. I probably should of asked to see the old pulleys but I didn't.

MParr

Lawn Addict
Threads
They attached some black and white pictures of the pulleys showing corrosion and said it was acting like sandpaper on the belt. They replaced all the drive pulleys and a new belt. I probably should of asked to see the old pulleys but I didn't.
Did they even bother to check the pulley alignment?

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Rusty pulleys not diagnosed by to dealers, but still covered by manufacturers warranty after you apply pressure. Sorry, but I don’t buy it. I doubt they would have given you the old parts back, would claim they need to be sent back for analysis. Guess only time will tell if the problem has been solved. Hope you get years of use, as I believe Scag is a good company, I’ve dealt with them many times, I’m still wondering why two dealers were putting you through the wringer to solve the problem.

MParr

Lawn Addict
Threads
Rusty pulleys not diagnosed by to dealers, but still covered by manufacturers warranty after you apply pressure. Sorry, but I don’t buy it. I doubt they would have given you the old parts back, would claim they need to be sent back for analysis. Guess only time will tell if the problem has been solved. Hope you get years of use, as I believe Scag is a good company, I’ve dealt with them many times, I’m still wondering why two dealers were putting you through the wringer to solve the problem.
I ain’t buying the rusted pulley story either.

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
Normally I provide the parts for the customer to see before either I send them off or throw them in the recycle bins.

As warranty hassle it is that we dealers are also put thru the wringer ourselves at times. This is why when I sell an item I warranty it myself and forget the OEM; but I still ask if they will honor their warranty. Sometime they will and other times they won't.

And the dealer provided images then they are trying to document the problem and hoping Scag will cover the parts and labor. It like myself being a Hydro Gear warranty repair center. I have to bill the customer up front and then when I get reimbursed then customer get reimbursed. Never know if HG will honor the warranty or not.

ZO6ZOOM

Threads
Normally I provide the parts for the customer to see before either I send them off or throw them in the recycle bins.

As warranty hassle it is that we dealers are also put thru the wringer ourselves at times. This is why when I sell an item I warranty it myself and forget the OEM; but I still ask if they will honor their warranty. Sometime they will and other times they won't.

And the dealer provided images then they are trying to document the problem and hoping Scag will cover the parts and labor. It like myself being a Hydro Gear warranty repair center. I have to bill the customer up front and then when I get reimbursed then customer get reimbursed. Never know if HG will honor the warranty or not.
Here’s the pictures they attached to my invoice. It does look like a rusty pulley and some corrosion on the aluminum. They say in their comments to scrape the deck after every mow. Does anybody really scrape their deck underneath after every time they mow? I would think a high-end lawnmower would not be susceptible to corrosion from moisture.SCAG1.jpegSCAG2.jpeg