Check this out!

mullins87

Threads
I saw this advertised in our local Lowes. I thought it was a prank or just some marketing ploy to see if people were actually looking at the advertising when they walked in the door. I guess I was wrong.

http://www.lowes.com/pd_437234-4761...rentURL=?Ns=p_product_avg_rating|1&facetInfo=

It says the motor is built in China, probably most everything else too even though they claim it is built here in the states. I don't quite know what to think about it. I love the idea, three different tools in one, but I have to wonder just how well it will perform.

RobertBrown

Lawn Addict
Threads
I would want to know how much the replacement battery is and where you get them.
I live on flat ground, but I wonder how it cuts tall grass on a slope.

Threads
I saw this advertised in our local Lowes. I thought it was a prank or just some marketing ploy to see if people were actually looking at the advertising when they walked in the door. I guess I was wrong.

Shop Raven 46-in Hybrid Riding Lawn Mower at Lowes.com

It says the motor is built in China, probably most everything else too even though they claim it is built here in the states. I don't quite know what to think about it. I love the idea, three different tools in one, but I have to wonder just how well it will perform.

Cool! :tongue:

Muhammad

Administrator
Staff member
Threads
Interesting... wonder who manufactures it. I couldn't find anything on Google about it.

Ric

Lawn Pro
Threads
The thing is definitely different and I'm not sure if every store will have one but they are using it as a marketing ploy to get people in the door.

Ric

Lawn Pro
Threads
Interesting... wonder who manufactures it. I couldn't find anything on Google about it.

I'm guessing Husqvarna others are saying Denver Global products in NC. if you read the reviews under who makes this. they are saying it is assembled in lincolnton north carolina. the company is owned by RATO of china. a producer of high end atvs and motorcycles as well as yard equipment

Last edited:

Bison

Threads
I think i stick with my old JD 112,..it boast the same or better capabillitys but the hybrid engine and it's paid for.
For 3 grand it is just another piece of junk.
Nou if it would have a backhoe and firewood processor i might think about it.:laughing:

Muhammad

Administrator
Staff member
Threads
Yeah, the price point is a bit of a turn-off, but my guess is with a 17mph ground speed they're going for a hybrid ATV customer at the same time. But it doesn't look rugged enough to compete with an ATV. I think it might be one of those products with an identity crisis.

RobertBrown

Lawn Addict
Threads
Judging by this it appears to have enough power.
I would be reluctant to invest in this product until it is proven. I would not consider this purchase without the extended warranty plan.
Electric motors, particularly DC motors produce a lot of heat. This has to be dispensed with somehow, usually with forced air.
The underside of a lawn mower while operating is a nasty environment, so I can see a lot of problems or challenges to overcome when designing an electric mower. Even if the motor is AC it needs to be cooled somehow.
If these things don't sell you will be truly stuck with it.
It's an interesting concept at any rate.

pull on Vimeo