Changing Hydraulic Fluid in 20017 XG2703-60

Wa2cool1

Forum Newbie
Threads
Hello,

I am brand new to the forum and look forward to the experience. i recently purchased a used 2007 XG2703-60 from my brother-in-law who owns a mowing service. The mower has been well maintained and is in very good condition with 1800 hours. My question is how do I drain the hydraulic system and replace with freah fluid? I realize this probably doesn't "need" to be done, but I would like to anyway. Any help with this would be greatly appreciated.

Wa2cool1

Forum Newbie
Threads
Re: Changing Hydraulic Fluid in 2007 XG2703-60

I'm sorry for the typo above. It is a 2007 model. Thanks.

Wa2cool1

Forum Newbie
Threads
I thouroughly read the operation manual which came with the machine. It states the maintenance schedule and recommended lubricant, which I have already purchased, but does not give instructions on how to drain the system. Can the resevoir be drained by simply removing the filters (which I must do to replace anyway)?

Raw Dodge

Threads
I thouroughly read the operation manual which came with the machine. It states the maintenance schedule and recommended lubricant, which I have already purchased, but does not give instructions on how to drain the system. Can the resevoir be drained by simply removing the filters (which I must do to replace anyway)?
If its the same as my 2005 then yes just remove the filters and all the fluid will come out ... It tends to be a bit messy because of where the tank is mounted over the deck it's not easy to get a draun pan in there to catch the fluid.

Wa2cool1

Forum Newbie
Threads
Thanks Raw Dodge! That's what i thought but just wanted verification before i tried. Is it necessary to "bleed" the air out before engaging the pumps? If so what is the best method?

Raw Dodge

Threads
I don't think you need to bleed those because they hang down below the oil tank reservoir they will self bleed enough to where you don't have to worry about it the small amount of air will bleed out on startup.. I also have a 2001 Dixie it is an entirely different tank/filter system and on that model you need to be very careful to get the air out before you start it or you'll get an airbound pump which will quickly fail.

Wa2cool1

Forum Newbie
Threads
Thought I might back the filters out a little after I refill the tank to let out excess air just in case. Thanks again for the help.

Fish

Lawn Pro
Threads
Yes, it is a horrendous mess, I would syphon as much of the oil out as I could first, as that would minimize the mess, and I would save the oil, because it is probably Lucas oil, and there is probably nothing wrong with it. I used to save it and if it looked new, I would use it in my truck. It actually did raise my oil pressure.

Raw Dodge

Threads
Yes, it is a horrendous mess, I would syphon as much of the oil out as I could first, as that would minimize the mess, and I would save the oil, because it is probably Lucas oil, and there is probably nothing wrong with it. I used to save it and if it looked new, I would use it in my truck. It actually did raise my oil pressure.

I wouldn't use the oil in an engine, unless it's an engine that's on its way out and is burning oil and loose.I used the OEM spec Lucas Hi TBN 15w40...Best price I found was summit racing at 10.99 a gallon..I bought 4 cases about 5 years ago , I use it in the engine as well , I'm glad i bought it when i did it went up in price alot ..at the time my dixie dealer wanted 28 00 a gallon...i bought a case of 4 gallons for 44.00...now I think it's almost 20 a gallon again....