Changing blades

jekjr

Lawn Addict
Threads
How long do you guys get on blades before you have to sharpen them? We keep three to four sets of blades and swap out a sharp set daily. Is this average for those of you that run commercial?

X-man

Threads
How long do you guys get on blades before you have to sharpen them? We keep three to four sets of blades and swap out a sharp set daily. Is this average for those of you that run commercial?

In general, I sharpen my blades about twice a year, and I replace them every spring.

jekjr

Lawn Addict
Threads
In general, I sharpen my blades about twice a year, and I replace them every spring.

How much grass do you cut though. For instance if you cut only one yard and you cut it 30 or 35 times a year and you sharpen them twice and replace then in the spring you have gotten roughly 10 cuttings on a sharpening. Start off new and sharpen twice. We cut 8 yards yesterday and several were good size.....

X-man

Threads
How much grass do you cut though. For instance if you cut only one yard and you cut it 30 or 35 times a year and you sharpen them twice and replace then in the spring you have gotten roughly 10 cuttings on a sharpening. Start off new and sharpen twice. We cut 8 yards yesterday and several were good size.....

I mow 30 lawns per week, each take about 20 minutes to mow. I mow in a trailer park for residents and for the management.

Ric

Lawn Pro
Threads

I keep three sets of blades per mower and change blades when the grass tells me to. Generally speaking I change out to a sharp set every two weeks. Keep in mind that I use three different mowers daily and mow 70 plus lawns a week.

jekjr

Lawn Addict
Threads
I mow 30 lawns per week, each take about 20 minutes to mow. I mow in a trailer park for residents and for the management.
Wow. That is a lot of running on blades.That is incredible.

exotion

Lawn Addict
Threads

I replace all blades each winter. Sharpen twice a week

glckenosha

Forum Newbie
Threads
Depend on how much you're cutting. I have approx 100 accounts and change them once a week.

Last edited by a moderator:

Carscw

Lawn Pro
Threads
I change out to a sharp set every two days so about every 30 yards.

I only sharping blades 3 times before I replace them.

(( racing is the only sport that you need two balls ))