Chain saw rating

jimbo64

Threads
Homesteader,I agree with Kenny.I personally use a Sthil.I've bought other brands,usually cheaper ones that didn't hold up but I cut alot of wood.One of my brothers uses an electric job but he only cuts the occasional limb.you get what you pay for. russ

i have owned both huskavarna and stihl and liked both but they are two very different saws- stihl built heavier and has a lot more power - will cut for longer periods without bogging down. Husky is much lighter so doesn't wear you out so quick- Has enough power on most cases but not the cutting power of the stihl------we used to burn wood for heat [Pennsylvania} and we burned 5 + full cords a year plus kept another five as back up- both good products -just depends on what your application is. Stihl is more expensive-

Two-Stroke

Lawn Addict
Threads
I've been heating with wood for a long time and am sold on the quality and design of Stihl saws. They make a variety ranging from smaller ones that can only take a 14" or 16" bar to larger, more powerful saws that can take a 36" (or larger) bar -- you might not need one of those unless you cut down huge trees.

I have two of them: one small and light; one larger for bigger trees. It's also nice to have a spare when you're working so you don't have to stop and fix the saw when you're set up to cut some wood.

Whatever you get, be sure to read the manual all the way through. Follow the recommended safety procedures and you'll probably be OK. You also need to maintain the saw -- that's safety-related too.