CH 22 govenor shaft

allis

Forum Newbie
Threads
Well I am back again seeking knowledge on the best way to remove the governor shaft on a CH 22 motor? I have tried heating with no luck, thanks again allis

cashman

Threads
Are you talking about the shaft the governor gear rides on or the shaft that the arm fits on? If it's the gear shaft, first measure the height to the groove first and grab the shaft with a pair of vice-grips or similar and pull it out and put a dab of J-B Weld on the new one and install it so that the groove is at the same height as the old one. And use a new governor gear and button if the old one has been removed from the shaft as the plastic tabs that hold the gear in the groove will be distorted and could cause the gear to fail within a short time.

allis

Forum Newbie
Threads
Thanks for the info for I tried the old vise grip routine and even heated the shaft and could not move it so I measure several times and only drilled one time from the outside and took a punch and knocked it out then drilled and tapped the hole and sealed the threads and put a bolt in it, so it fixed I hope. allis