Carrying Trimmer Line

Threads
I saw a post about where you keep your precut trimmer line when trimming a large yard so you dont have to run to truck for more line. But I cant seem to find it. Keeping in my pocket doesnt work to good. I was thinking about keeping it on trimmer some how? Who's got the best way?:rolleyes:

Skydragon750

Threads
I have small a back pack I use to keep my trim line in with cutters, flat tip, Phillip head screw driver.

Bob E

Threads
I like the spool type of trimmer heads. They run out so infrequently I don't even worry about carrying trimmer line around with me.
On the other hand I bought a new weedeater this summer. It came with a cast aluminum head that you just slip one small piece of trimmer line through. I guess I kind of like the mechanical simplicity of it, but it's a pain in the butt in use. I can't even make it around my yard without stopping to replace the line once or twice, And you end up wasting a sizable chunk of line each time too. :thumbdown:
Anyway, I keep a bundle of pre cut pieces bent over with a rubber band around the ends. The loop part fits in my back pocket nicely.

Attachments

• IMG_0952.JPG
    IMG_0952.JPG
    131.3 KB · Views: 12

Carscw

Lawn Pro
Threads
I use the speed feed 400 it holds 30 feet of line. So 15 feet out of each eye.
We change line about every 75 yards.

gfp55

Threads
I saw a post about where you keep your precut trimmer line when trimming a large yard so you dont have to run to truck for more line. But I cant seem to find it. Keeping in my pocket doesnt work to good. I was thinking about keeping it on trimmer some how? Who's got the best way?:rolleyes:

I use a PVC pipe zip tied to my machines with pre cut pieces. I made mine with a screw top, got all the parts at Home Depot, cut the PVC longer then my pre cut lines, glued the bottom on, glued the threaded part on the pipe, zip tied the pipe to the handle, filled the pipe with about 50 pre cut pieces, screwed to cap on.

LoCo86

Threads
What size properties are y'all trimming? Are y'all doing whole subdivisions, several houses in a row or large commercial accounts?

zmister11

Threads
That's what it sounds like if their worried about carrying string with them instead of just going back to the truck.

Yeah wish I could get that many yards in a row haha

TaskForceLawnCare

Threads
just pull 15-20' of line off the roll, roll it up again and put it in your back pocket.