Repairs Carburetor problem on my TB Bronco

Mr Manouche

Threads
My mower started smoking white smoke like a SoB. Dipstick smells like gasoline. I did some research and learned that its prolly the carburetor. Can the needle valves on these carbs be replaced? Has anyone else had to deal with this problem?

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Not the first time i've seen or heard this. Cause is a sticking float needle. Easy to fix, by replacing the needle and/or seat. Don't forget to change the oil when your done.

Mr Manouche

Threads
I found the parts on Briggs and Stratton website but I dont know if its a Nikki or Walbro carburetor. How can I find out which kind I have?

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Post your model numbers and I'll find you a manual.

Mr Manouche

Threads
I ended up finding this on a different post.

"The Nikki has two screws that hold the fuel bowl on. The Walbro has LMT stamped into the carb body just above the fuel bowl and the fuel shutoff solenoid holds the fuel bowl on."

He was talking about a TB SuperBronco but my carb says LMT and the solenoid is under the bowl holding it on. I found a Briggs & Stratton dealer here in town. Hopefully they'll have what I need so I can give this repair a shot tomorrow.

Appreciate your help Rivets. I'll post the results if I have time to gittrdone tomorrow.

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
I'll watch for your post, if you need a manual let me know.

Mr Manouche

Threads
I pulled the carburetor off and now I can't get the solenoid off. It looks like its screwed on to some threads coming out the bottom of the bowl but all of my wrenches are to thick to get in between the solenoid and the bowl to unscrew it. I don't have extra stout wrenches or nothing either, just regular old craftsman stuff. Any ideas?

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
You will need what is called a tappet wrench. If I remember right 9/16". You can check with your local auto shop or in our area some of the auto supply stores have free loaner tools.

Carscw

Lawn Pro
Threads
Craftsman wrench is thick I use a cheap made in china wrench.

(( racing is the only sport that you need two balls ))