Carburetor problem Craftsman mower/ Tecumseh engine

tiredokie

Forum Newbie
Threads
I want to replace the carburetor on my Craftsman mower- model 917.377690 engine part #143006706. I would like to know the steps required to do so. I have checked out many videos on youtube. But, none have the carburetor that I have on this mower. The steps to remove the carb from the engine in the videos I have viewed appear quite different than what I would assume mine to be by looking at the mower. After removing the air filter kit, the carburetor is across from the muffler rather than side-by-side as I am seeing in videos. Can someone help? Thanking you in advance.

Attachments

• DSCF1001.JPG
    DSCF1001.JPG
    140 KB · Views: 26
  • DSCF1002.JPG
    DSCF1002.JPG
    77.4 KB · Views: 19
  • DSCF1003.JPG
    DSCF1003.JPG
    128.7 KB · Views: 13
Last edited:

scott47429

Threads
can you take some pictures so we can see just what your talking about and then maybe we can help you a little more but it shouldn't be a hard job at all

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Post your model numbers and maybe I can find you a manual. I would try rebuilding the carb first with an updated rebuild kit.

brandonb

Threads
those can usually be cleaned and returned to service with no replacement of parts. Pop the clip on the bottom of the carb, and the plastic bowl will come loose. once you get it loose, spray it out real good, and remove the screw on the side of the bowl. The jet is behind the screw, and you can easily pull the jet out, and clean it. Re assemble the carb, and itll run again. Ive cleaned several plastic bowl tecumseh carbs without removing the metal body from the intake.

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
As I said before there is an new up-date kit, which has a better jet and seal.

tiredokie

Forum Newbie
Threads
As I said before there is an new up-date kit, which has a better jet and seal.

I ordered a replacement kit. Hope it is one to which you are referring.

tiredokie

Forum Newbie
Threads
those can usually be cleaned and returned to service with no replacement of parts. Pop the clip on the bottom of the carb, and the plastic bowl will come loose. once you get it loose, spray it out real good, and remove the screw on the side of the bowl. The jet is behind the screw, and you can easily pull the jet out, and clean it. Re assemble the carb, and itll run again. Ive cleaned several plastic bowl tecumseh carbs without removing the metal body from the intake.

Thank you, Brandon.