Carburetor leaking

Hank1926

Forum Newbie
Threads
hi Everyone,

I have Briggs and Stratton 8hp motor on my HomeLite trash pump. Motor model number is 195432. The original carburetor was leaking so I replaced it with a brand new one. The brand new one is doing the same exact thing. They both leak out of the drain plug/overflow. I know it can be a stuck float but what are the odds of both carbs with the same problem? Could it be an ignition issue? I tried stating it a lot of times on a row. Could I have flooded it? That’s why I’m thinking an ignition issue.

shiftsuper175607

Lawn Addict
Threads
hi Everyone,

I have Briggs and Stratton 8hp motor on my HomeLite trash pump. Motor model number is 195432. The original carburetor was leaking so I replaced it with a brand new one. The brand new one is doing the same exact thing. They both leak out of the drain plug/overflow. I know it can be a stuck float but what are the odds of both carbs with the same problem? Could it be an ignition issue? I tried stating it a lot of times on a row. Could I have flooded it? That’s why I’m thinking an ignition issue.

You can't guess...you have to illuminate and find which it is.

Most likely it is the flooding.
Pull your spark plug and see if it is wet with gas...
Try to start and see if it is sparking.

If it is flooded..I would think it would stay flooded as you continue to try and start it...it keeps pulling fuel into the cylinder.

ILENGINE

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
Also make sure there isn't a gasket blocking a port between the face of the carb and the air filter backing plate. If you plug the carb bowl vent it will cause a siphon effect.

Hank1926

Forum Newbie
Threads
Also make sure there isn't a gasket blocking a port between the face of the carb and the air filter backing plate. If you plug the carb bowl vent it will cause a siphon effect.

The new fuel line I put on it is bigger than the old one. Could that have anything to do with it?