Carburetor fuel pickup .....

silver1

Threads
I don't want to spend $100 plus bucks for a replacement as yet. If it is part of the unit, I will just use JB weld and see what happens. It is a spare one that was on the 080202 0520 3 HP and it needed a new fuel tank. I purchased Carb. and tank together. The original tank had chunks of rust come out of it.
Still need to try and salvage it. Any good ways to do that? (other than rocks!)
Still having some problem with the newer carb. I cleaned, replaced the diaphragm and needle & seat. It starts and runs only with the chock full on and alot of throttle. It will run a long time like that, but stops if you touch anything.

Thanks for you reply.
Silver1

I put the original carb. back on after using JB Weld on the pickup. It looks real good and flows fuel as good as new.
It acts just like the other one. Starts at full chock/throttle. Could it be the points?:tongue:

BlazNT

Lawn Pro
Threads
Ok you never told us there was a problem besides you needed a part that was not for sale by its self.

So what is the problem.

silver1

Threads
Ok you never told us there was a problem besides you needed a part that was not for sale by its self.
I was asking for a FIX for the pickup tube!

So what is the problem.

It will start and run only at FULL chock/throttle! Any movement of either will cause it to die.
Cleaned both. New diaphragms. Three different needle/seat (299059) kits. New governor spring/rod.

Last edited:

BlazNT

Lawn Pro
Threads
look for air leak. it is sucking air somewhere.

silver1

Threads
look for air leak. it is sucking air somewhere.

Two different carburetors! Both do the same???????? Two intake gaskets!
I'm puzzled!

Help!

silver1

Threads
Craftsman LT 11-36 Carburetor rebuild today 252707 0668 01 motor

I sent for a carb, rebuild kit (394683). It came with two needle / seat kits.
One was the kind I'm use too needle + seat, the other was only the rubber tip needle and no seat!
I was confused until I took the bowl off and removed the old needle with NO SEAT.
I guess this is the Gravity Feed unit.

I could not get the screw-nozzle (231323) to budge, so I had to leave it in and clean it real good.
After the clean out and mostly new parts the engine fired right up! A few adjustment and it runs
better than before with NO LEAKS. :smile: I still can't get the chock to work from the throttle cable. I
just move it by hand.:confused2: