Carborator help please

Wayne195

Threads
Why is gas dripping out of the bottom of the carborator of the 8hp engine on my snowblower??

My first guess is that the float is stuck, but I wasn't able to dignose the problem directly yet.

Any thoughts??

lakeviewpe

Threads
If it is dripping out of the bottom, then possibly the gasket needs replaced.

reddragon

Lawn Addict
Threads
stuck float or bottom bowl gasket leak....where "exactly" is it leaking from?......does it do it while running too?...........what is the make of the engine and year?

Wayne195

Threads
stuck float or bottom bowl gasket leak....where "exactly" is it leaking from?......does it do it while running too?...........what is the make of the engine and year?
This carborator is on a 8hp Briggs & Stratton engine and I'm guessing it's about a 1976. The carb is shaped like an "L", the lower end being the air intake and that is where the gas is dripping out. The gas only leaks while it is running.

I will try to post a picture of it soon for you.

crazyoldtractor

Threads
Either the gasket around the bolw is bad, the gasket on the nut that holds the bowl in is bad or the nut on the bottom of the bowl is loose.

Wayne195

Threads
Here are the pics...

The bottom of the carborator is the air intake where the gas drips out
108h2xs.jpg

2wd8tc5.jpg

reddragon

Lawn Addict
Threads
what a dinosaur! :laughing:....you dont see updrafts everyday......at the shop ...we use a "mityvac" to test the needle and seat....you take the carb off and drain it...then you pop off your fuel line and hook up the the Mityvac and apply like 12pounds then see if it stays sealed...i like to flip it up to down to make sure i stays sealed....if not ....get a new needle/seat assy:thumbsup:........by the way .....that jet screw at the top right looks crooked:rolleyes: