carb setting up cant work out where this linage goes hayter hawk

angellonewolf

Threads
  • / carb setting up cant work out where this linage goes hayter hawk
yes me back again

i have got the mower working starts 1/2 pull

but have got to a point that i need to put the linkages back on so i can use the throttle on the handle

there is a spring this is where it was when i got it but am not sure its in the right place

there was the linkage that you see in my hand but i have spend 20 mins working out where it goes (it was just hanging off and the throttle was seased) but cant see where it goes

i thought i would give you guys a look at it and see if it can be worked out so i can getting it working as it should

can i say thanks for any help given

hope you can see pic

number 1 is where the throttle cable goes to from the handle

number 4 is the linkage that was hanging around

thanks angel

Attachments

• IMG_0123.jpg
    IMG_0123.jpg
    140.2 KB · Views: 18

EngineMan

Lawn Addict
Threads
Hmm........try again....!

Attachments

• 29clzwi.jpg
    29clzwi.jpg
    90.9 KB · Views: 13

ILENGINE

Lawn Royalty
Threads
The first post picture the linkage is bent and either needs to be straightened out or replaced. The U shaped end goes in the white plastic end of the plastic governor arm hanging out from the edge of the blower housing. the other end hooks into the pivot head of the throttle shaft on the carb. The governor spring then hooks into the loop on the linkage.

the second picture by engineman, Everything looks right except the small spring also hooks into the loop with the large governor spring, not to the governor arm inself. Then you wil need to take tension off the small spring and adjust the tension on the large spring until you are 200 rpm below recommended speed, then retension the small spring to obtain the last 200 rpm.

angellonewolf

Threads
Well I am going to try again but a little help goes a long way lol

sorry when i posted on this the pic from engine man did not show i thought he was being funny lol

from pic looks like i am missing a spring but can poss match up the linkage and bend it back to shape again off to have a go

thanks to both of you guys i wish i was as knowledgeable as you guys on this i only started because i had a old petrol mower and wanted to sort it myself if it goes wrong i think i have learned a lot a bit from playing and prob a lot from you lot thanks again will post back when i have had a play

angellonewolf

Threads
can i ask is this supposed to rev like a normal mower as it at the moment it runs well but there does not seam to be a lot of throttle adjustment

thanks angel

EngineMan

Lawn Addict
Threads
Going by your photo, it looks if it should have a throttle cable, believe you need to set max throttle, and you will need a RPM meter to do that..!

angellonewolf

Threads
Going by your photo, it looks if it should have a throttle cable, believe you need to set max throttle, and you will need a RPM meter to do that..!

there are no ajustment screws so i assume its set ?

apart from the springs settings ???

thanks again for the help and comment