Capabilities of Toro Zero Turns???

Ric

Lawn Pro
Threads
The 125 Frame is 1.5x2" 11 ga. The ZM is 1.5x3" 10ga. so it's larger and heavier. The spindles Are a 6" 4 bolt the ZM spindles are an 8" 6 bolt spindle larger and heavier and both are cast Alum. Everything on the ZM is or has sealed bearings, nothing needs to be greased except the idler pulley And the spindles on the 125 need greasing along with the casters and wheels and it has a 5 gallon tank and the ZM has an 8 gallon. It also has adjustable dampers for your lap bars. The 150 your talking about is more comparable to probably the ZM 3000 which is more money, not the 2000.

TaskForceLawnCare

Threads
just buy a Scag and be done with it, I'd put my 36" Scag walkbehind up against either of your mowers snapper or toro any day. out perform and have better resale.

I'm really just trolling don't get mad

Shughes717

Lawn Addict
Threads
The 125 Frame is 1.5x2" 11 ga. The ZM is 1.5x3" 10ga. so it's larger and heavier. The spindles Are a 6" 4 bolt the ZM spindles are an 8" 6 bolt spindle larger and heavier and both are cast Alum. Everything on the ZM is or has sealed bearings, nothing needs to be greased except the idler pulley And the spindles on the 125 need greasing along with the casters and wheels and it has a 5 gallon tank and the ZM has an 8 gallon. It also has adjustable dampers for your lap bars. The 150 your talking about is more comparable to probably the ZM 3000 which is more money, not the 2000.

Zmaster 2000 $6100 48" deck, s150xt $6000 48" deck. S150xt offers a bigger fx series engine, bigger hydros, larger tires, and a larger fuel capacity. Compare the z master 3000 if you want but still proves my point that you can get a comparable mower for a better price. You were comparing a 48" mower with a $6100 price tag to the s125xt with a 60" deck at $5500. The op is looking for a 60" deck mower heavy enough to mow 11 acres between 5 and 6k. No toro suits his needs for that price range. You need to have experience with mowers before you bash them. Have used all of them. The lap bars on the snapper pro are also adjustable btw. Sealed bearings are not better than greaseable bearings either.

Shughes717

Lawn Addict
Threads
just buy a Scag and be done with it, I'd put my 36" Scag walkbehind up against either of your mowers snapper or toro any day. out perform and have better resale.

I'm really just trolling don't get mad

I'm not mad just don't understand why people are so brand loyal and preach about how much better their mowers are than the others without even ever using the other brands. I don't have a problem with scag. Good mowers, but I don't believe there is a commercial scag with a 60" deck offered in the price range the op is looking for.

Shughes717

Lawn Addict
Threads

The mx 6000 is the mower that compares to the s125xt in price. The mx 6000 is residential and the s125xt is commercial. No comparison in quality there.

Ric

Lawn Pro
Threads
I'm not mad just don't understand why people are so brand loyal and preach about how much better their mowers are than the others without even ever using the other brands. I don't have a problem with scag. Good mowers, but I don't believe there is a commercial scag with a 60" deck offered in the price range the op is looking for.

Now there you go talking about being brand loyal, what's wrong with being brand loyal? Preaching about how much better one feels a mower is than another without even ever using the other brands? I guess if I count the John Deere, Dixie Chopper, Hustler,Scag, Cub Cadet plus the Honda and B&S push mowers the county purchased on bids over the years I think I've used a few other mowers in forty years.

The thing is like I said before I wouldn't buy Snapper because there owned by B&S which IMO sells nothing but low end, low quality equipment. As far as Scag, hey there's nothing wrong with Scag They've earned there name in the Industry but like the John Deere IMO there over priced for what you get.

The thing is I really don't care what the op buys, it really doesn't make a difference to me, if he wants the MX 6000 by all means have at it it's a good mower and will probably last him a long while. I just thought for the price difference the Z Master was a better buy. As far as being brand loyal goes you have that all wrong also because I'm not brand loyal, however I am Dealer Loyal and every piece of equipment I own came from the same dealer, it's earned me great discounts when purchasing equipment, great service when needed at very little cost. I take care of my dealer he takes care of me. Nothing wrong with being Dealer or Brand Loyal, it has saved me a lot of money.

Shughes717

Lawn Addict
Threads
Now there you go talking about being brand loyal, what's wrong with being brand loyal? Preaching about how much better one feels a mower is than another without even ever using the other brands? I guess if I count the John Deere, Dixie Chopper, Hustler,Scag, Cub Cadet plus the Honda and B&S push mowers the county purchased on bids over the years I think I've used a few other mowers in forty years.

The thing is like I said before I wouldn't buy Snapper because there owned by B&S which IMO sells nothing but low end, low quality equipment. As far as Scag, hey there's nothing wrong with Scag They've earned there name in the Industry but like the John Deere IMO there over priced for what you get.

The thing is I really don't care what the op buys, it really doesn't make a difference to me, if he wants the MX 6000 by all means have at it it's a good mower and will probably last him a long while. I just thought for the price difference the Z Master was a better buy. As far as being brand loyal goes you have that all wrong also because I'm not brand loyal, however I am Dealer Loyal and every piece of equipment I own came from the same dealer, it's earned me great discounts when purchasing equipment, great service when needed at very little cost. I take care of my dealer he takes care of me. Nothing wrong with being Dealer or Brand Loyal, it has saved me a lot of money.

How many snapper pro or ferris mowers have you ever ran? Just because b&s purchased the companies it doesn't mean the quality of the product goes down. How can you have an opinion on machines you have never used? I'm in no way brand loyal. I think you can see that by most of my posts. Can point to anything that suggests either brand is low end? You are really going to suggest a residential mower like the mx 6000 over another brand that is better made with commercial components at a lower price? Talk about blind brand loyalty. Your logic makes no sense.

Shughes717

Lawn Addict
Threads
I like several brands. I am a fan of exmark (toro), hustler, bush hog, country clipper, bobcat, snapper pro, John deere (commercial models), grass hopper, ferris, and husqvarna (commercial). I have used them all. I went with the snapper pro because I got the most mower for the money I had. If I could afford to get one I would either have a super z, an is2100, or a country clipper defender. I have never used a bad commercial quality zero turn mower. Each have different features, but as I said all offer similar drive train and have heavy made decks. Some may have different gage frames, but have you ever seen the frame crack or break on any commercial mower? I haven't.

Shughes717

Lawn Addict
Threads
Forgot to mention scag. Big fan of the cheetah.

Ric

Lawn Pro
Threads
How many snapper pro or ferris mowers have you ever ran? How can you have an opinion on machines you have never used? I'm in no way brand loyal. I think you can see that by most of my posts. Can point to anything that suggests either brand is low end? You are really going to suggest a residential mower like the mx 6000 over another brand that is better made with commercial components at a lower price? Talk about blind brand loyalty. Your logic makes no sense.

The MX 6000 has a Commercial-grade 24 hp Kawasaki for heavy-duty residential use It's BTS is Rated at 18000, it also has the ZT 3100 drives that are designed for commercial applications, it's also has a 1.5x 3 tubular frame which larger and is heavier than your snapper 125 so yes I would suggest it over the Snapper. I did not however suggest he buy the MX 6000 I said if that's what he wanted to buy have at it, It's a good mower and would probably last him a good while. I suggested he buy the Z master 2000 for the price difference I thought and do think it's a better buy than the MX 6000 or any of the B&S Snapper Mowers.

If you want proof of low end, low quality How about this a B&S crank torn up by a blade adapter shear pin.

002.jpg