Can't shut Honda Harmony 2013 riding mower off

mixpat

Forum Newbie
Threads
Hi everyone...weird problem with my Honda Harmony 2013 riding mower. Starts and runs like a champ. But, today, I turned the key to the off position and nothing happened. I can't shut the mower off. I had to shut off the fuel feed to get it to shut down. Any ideas on what this may be? Thanks

zmister11

Threads
Hi everyone...weird problem with my Honda Harmony 2013 riding mower. Starts and runs like a champ. But, today, I turned the key to the off position and nothing happened. I can't shut the mower off. I had to shut off the fuel feed to get it to shut down. Any ideas on what this may be? Thanks

I would check for a loose connection with the ignition switch

robert@honda

Lawn Addict
Threads
I would check for a loose connection with the ignition switch

That is an excellent idea; pull the ignition switch and use a VOM to check each terminal on the switch:

h2013ignitionswitch_zps44e7c7dc.jpg

BKBrown

Lawn Addict
Threads
If it is stored where mice can get at the wiring - it is possible that the ground wire to the switch has been chewed.

A neighbor had the wiring in her new lawn tractor chewed and I told her to put a dish of moth balls under the hood each time she stores it.
That prevents the problem.

mixpat

Forum Newbie
Threads
Thanks for the input everyone. Turns out the problem was a loose connector in the wiring harness near the starter. I had just tuned it up and changed the oil. Used a rag to clean around the dipstick and apparently loosened the connection. Reconnected it and it works like a charm. Thanks again.