Can you take out main oil seal in CH18 kohler without pulling the engine

etap

Threads
  • / Can you take out main oil seal in CH18 kohler without pulling the engine
I think my oil seal is leaking on flywheel end on my 1864 cub cadet. If I remove driveshaft than I could take everything apart from there. Second choice is to take the engine out. I have to this week remove metal to make sure that my seal is leaking.It has 640 hrs on it, I have checked both valve covers really good,Also check the oil presure switch and front main seal. It leaks after It quick running,and when I go back check it after an hour,it will leave oil spot in the middle on the floor.THX

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Post your model numbers and when I get back I'll get you a service manual.

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Here is a service manual which should cover your unit. Easiest way to replace the seal is to remove the engine from the unit, which i normally do, unless you can get at everything in the front after removing the hood. When installing the new seal, make sure the the shaft is very clean and well lubricated, so you don't cut the seal when sliding it on the shaft. Also, note the depth of the old seal before removing, so the new one is installed right.

http://www.kohler-engine-parts.opeengines.com/pub/SM_2469006_CH18_thru_CH750_REV1_12.pdfp

possum

Threads
For some reason that does not come up Rivets. Not that I need it, was just interested enough to try and look at it.

etap

Threads
Re: this in a 1864 cub cadet with ch18 kohler engine

I want to thank you all for all your help