Can you guess the problem?

Wildcat

Threads
I thought it would be fun to see if anyone can guess the problem I am having with a TB push mower. A quick background on the mower - Honda motor, FWD, 21" cut.

Now, the picture below shows a line between my cuts. I had to spend about 10 minutes figuring out the problem (which is a simple fix) on why I was getting those lines.

It is now up to you guys to take a guess on what will cause that. There is no 'prize' other than bragging rights.

And before anyone says it, ITS NOT HOW I WAS CUTTING.

WP_20140706_002.jpg

gfp55

Threads
Dull blade. Looks like you have a nice tri-level house.

Fish

Lawn Pro
Threads
Locked up/dragging wheel.

Wildcat

Threads
@gfp55 - Yes the mower has a dull blade but that is not what caused the line. And this is a clients home who has been gracious enough to let me use her TB. It is her mower that is messed up. I have informed her on the problem and price to fix it.

@Fish - I can say you're getting warm but its not a locked/dragging wheel. I would have noticed it as soon as it happened.

gfp55

Threads
The bearing is bad on the wheel? Wobbly wheel.

OldMasterTech

Threads
I thought it would be fun to see if anyone can guess the problem I am having with a TB push mower. A quick background on the mower - Honda motor, FWD, 21" cut.

Now, the picture below shows a line between my cuts. I had to spend about 10 minutes figuring out the problem (which is a simple fix) on why I was getting those lines.

It is now up to you guys to take a guess on what will cause that. There is no 'prize' other than bragging rights.

And before anyone says it, ITS NOT HOW I WAS CUTTING.

View attachment 21965

Partially detached baffle trapping a big wad of grass?

Wildcat

Threads
We are heading in the right direction with the front end. But no, its not a bad/worn bearing.

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
I would say it is a problem with the height adjuster. Possibly mounted backwards, or just mounted incorrectly. If not that, might be a missing spacer washer, wheel not turning freely.

gfp55

Threads
I agree with Rivets, Height adjustment bracket., loose/bent

Wildcat

Threads
I think that your answers are close enough. Yes it is an height adjustment issue, however, its not the actual adjusters. What had happen was that the plastic housing/cover that holds the drive system broke at a screw hole on the right side. The front is now lower than the rear by 1/2 inch and about a 1/4 lower on the right side versus the left side. I didn't even notice the problem until I was done cutting the front and took a water break.