Can I use 10-10-10 on centipede?

hitmanharleyk

Threads
Moved to a new place about a year ago and the grass needs some help. Since I'm on a budget, can I use 10-10-10 on the centipede? I live in south georgia and there is 4 fertlizer "plants" withing 6 miles of my house, should be able to get some 40 or 50 lb. bags fairly cheap.

I have 2.5 acres or so that I need to do. It looks good from a distance, but up close you can tell it is really thin and spotty. Should I do it now or wait to the fall?

I own one of these that I've never used, it should do the job :thumbsup:

Precision Products- leading manufacturer of tow-behind lawn and garden equipment

KennyV

Lawn Pro
Threads
Test your soil....
This is what I find about your grass & fertilizer:
"Fertilization: Low to medium if at all with nitrogen and potassium and no phosphorus as this depletes the iron levels; a good application would be 15-0-15. 16-4-8 is also a recommended fertilizer for Centipede. Centipede is not responsive to high rates of fertilizers. Fertilizer should be added at the time of planting, with additional yearly application. Iron chlorosis can be a problem. Chelated or ferrous sulfate is recommended for improving the iron deficiency --- Also balancing the pH to a more acidic level can help. It adapts best to a soil pH of 5.0 to 5.5."

Centipede Grass* - Maintenance and care for lawns.
Definitely test your soil First.... :smile:KennyV