C950.56441

Vervepipes

Threads
I posted this in my mower repair thread and figured I'd post it in here, more specific to the brand. It is a C950.56441. From what I found using a Craftsman supplier code sheet, C950 indicates it was supplied to Sears (Simpsons-Sears) by Noma. The problem is, the Sears parts site doesn't recognize this mower. I've actually never seen one like it before. It is a very small mower with a cast aluminum deck, a plastic fan on the crankshaft with finned air intakes going into the deck. It is very neat and I'm on the fence about trying to restore it or scap it due to numerous cracks in the deck. Has anybody seen this before?

The neato factor is high with this one, but it isn't running yet. I have another similar motor that I can try to use for parts to get it running.

shiftsuper175607

Lawn Addict
Threads
I posted this in my mower repair thread and figured I'd post it in here, more specific to the brand. It is a C950.56441. From what I found using a Craftsman supplier code sheet, C950 indicates it was supplied to Sears (Simpsons-Sears) by Noma. The problem is, the Sears parts site doesn't recognize this mower. I've actually never seen one like it before. It is a very small mower with a cast aluminum deck, a plastic fan on the crankshaft with finned air intakes going into the deck. It is very neat and I'm on the fence about trying to restore it or scap it due to numerous cracks in the deck. Has anybody seen this before?

The neato factor is high with this one, but it isn't running yet. I have another similar motor that I can try to use for parts to get it running.

It will do wheelies with that big bag full of clippings. That is one big bag!

Vervepipes

Threads
Looks can be deceiving, it's a very small mower, the bag is probably smaller than a typical Husqvarna bag, a bit longer but narrower than an MTD bag. I suppose it is kind of tall though. When I say small, I mean tiny, it can't be more than a 19" deck. I'm sure the mower isn't as wide as my 19" Lawn Boy. I'm sure the fan is used to force the grass into the bag with some force.

Vervepipes

Threads
I got the bug to work on this mower today, and what I discovered is that the governor appears to be damaged inside the crank case. I have one more engine of this style with the side mounted starter that is in rough shape from being left out but freely turns. The deck is very rusty and I'm afraid that the bolts may seize when I try to remove them so it will get a healthy dose of liquid wrench. If I can guarantee that it will be freed from it's chassis, I'll move everything over to that engine, unless I can make a newer style Tecumseh look proper on the deck. A 6.75 HP engine would sure be nice on there.