Brush Knife

Bomba

Threads
Has anybody here used the stihl brush knife on their trimmer yet? I have got a lot of long and think grass in some areas I cant get to with my mower. The dealer recommended the brush knife. Went in there to get the polycut, but dealer recommended this instead.

mowerman05

Threads
never heard of it, going to have to check it out when I get a chance

Bomba

Threads
never heard of it, going to have to check it out when I get a chance

Yeah it's for brush and heavy thick grass and weeds etc. saves buying blades and line. I'm gonna give it a whirl tomorrow.

szyg6h

Threads
Yeah it's for brush and heavy thick grass and weeds etc. saves buying blades and line. I'm gonna give it a whirl tomorrow.

I have two "trimmers" one with the .090 string, and one with this brush cutter.
It is awesome. I use it for heavy grass, up to and including 1+" Alder and brambles.
It is like a mower where you can't get a mower, if that makes sense- using the blade horizontal.
Use the string trimmer where youy don't want contact by the metal blade. It will just bounce off concrete or large rocks though.
Run it until dull, turn it over and run it again. sharpen, and do it all over.
USE EYE PROTECTION, this baby is aggressive.

dwzimmer

Forum Newbie
Threads
I have a grass blade on my fs90. I was very impressed. Earlier somebody compared it to a mower... I would liken it to a bush hog. I prefer to use it in areas that are very overgrown, not so much taller grass. Imo the polycut is better there. It chops up the material into more pieces while the grass blade lays down the grass or weeds in one long piece.

Either attachment its a great way to get more utility out of your equipment.

dwzimmer

Forum Newbie
Threads
Here are some shots of before and after with grass blade.

ForumRunner_20130611_195757.png

ForumRunner_20130611_195808.png

Bomba

Threads
I have a grass blade on my fs90. I was very impressed. Earlier somebody compared it to a mower... I would liken it to a bush hog. I prefer to use it in areas that are very overgrown, not so much taller grass. Imo the polycut is better there. It chops up the material into more pieces while the grass blade lays down the grass or weeds in one long piece.

Either attachment its a great way to get more utility out of your equipment.

Yes it does lay the tall grass and weeds down in one long piece but I expected that. I went to my dealer to buy the polycut but the sales rep recommended the brush knife. I like the Knife but it doesn't cover much ground. The teeth are not long but it cuts thru it all. Also, you won't have to replace the blades like with the Polycut.