Brush along side of the road

mikdugal1

Threads
I am new to this having a nice yard yard game, ha.
I just bought this house in September so i'm not sure what was done along the road.

Along the road side i have a burn with all different kinds of weeds trees vines and some pretty daffodils that my wife just moved the other day.

Next weekend i want to try and eliminate all of this eye sore.. I will post some pictures..

This mess has previously been cleaned up there are a few 3 inch stumps that look like they were sawed off. I plan after i kill off all of the weeds vines and crab than take a pick axe and try and remove these stumps too. There are a lot of rocks along the road. I believe or i'm making this up they are called stone walls. My house used to be farm land 10 years ago so i believe farmers when they tilled their land when they found rocks they would just pile them up along the road ways. So shoveling its going to be difficult.

Here are some pictures.. I don't care if i have no grass this year just want to get rid of all this crap.

IMG_1535.jpg

IMG_1536.jpg

IMG_1537.jpg

IMG_1538.jpg

IMG_1540.jpg

mikdugal1

Threads
i have a pump sprayer machete shovel and soon a pick axe.. What's the best option here

reynoldston

Lawn Pro
Threads
I bought some land that had the same problem but a lot bigger rocks/trees and the mess ran about 300 feet. I hired a company to come in and cleaned it up with a bulldozer and back hoe. They dug a trench and buried the rocks. Then cleaned it up with the bulldozer. I just had to burn the brush and rake it off, then planted grass seed. Yours don't look that bad so I would think all that would be needed is a bulldozer.

midnite rider

Lawn Addict
Threads
i have a pump sprayer machete shovel and soon a pick axe.. What's the best option here

A good set of loppers would be the easiest thing to use for cutting the scrub brush. A bow saw maybe for the bigger ones.

Attachments

• fiskersloppers01.jpg
    fiskersloppers01.jpg
    12.2 KB · Views: 19

reynoldston

Lawn Pro
Threads
A good set of loppers would be the easiest thing to use for cutting the scrub brush. A bow saw maybe for the bigger ones.

The brush isn't the problim if there is a rock wall under it and if he wants to mow it. Also if you just cut off the small tress you still have stumps.

fastback

Threads
Rent a bobcat or something similar this will get it cleaned quickly and easily.

reynoldston

Lawn Pro
Threads
Rent a bobcat or something similar this will get it cleaned quickly and easily.

This is a very good idea if you know how to operate one. As for myself it would be a bad idea seeing I wouldn't know the first thing about operating one. Now if you hire the job with a good experience operator it would be a lot cheaper seeing they could do it in a lot shorter time and do a better job.

mikdugal1

Threads
Great ideas thanks i do have a good pair of loppers too.My only problem burning or using a bulldozer is I have a telephone pole there an buried lines. My goal is to clear it out and make it less of an eye sore.

Carscw

Lawn Pro
Threads
I would just take my 1998 MTD 46 garden tractor put the deck up all the way put the trans in 3 low and have at it

Sent from my iPhone using LMF

RickO

Threads
The answer or advice depends on your style. I didn't see anything really big so the loppers should work. Cut at the very bottom, flush and FLAT. (Don't make little spears out of them.) Take the big stuff. Perhaps a small chain saw? The little stuff that you showed in the second picture - Carscw said it; Deck lifted to highest and run it all over. Oops, that's after the rocks are gone. (I didn't really see any in the photos so I'm thinking it manageable to just get out there and grunt your way through it. You'll save money but you'll have to consider taking this path - a hobby.

There's also a flail cutter that a local landscaper can bring in. Based on what I see in the photos I think you just keep nipping away at it and it will be picture perfect by next year.