Brow Beaters!!

Mower Doctor 78006

Threads
I know this is a forum..... There's a bunch of people who all know best. They all feel that they are right. Why is it that people can't just get along?? Instead its a who's right and who's wrong....... If you post something that has been your own personal experience and you have seen and dealt with first hand and immediately another person jumps in and states that's not true!! What is the truth. You had that experience. Isn't this forum designed to educate?? Isn't the purpose of this forum to help?? I don't know everything. Iam always willing to learn and listen. Please take the time to learn and listen also. Real world experience Vs book knowledge. Iam sorry real world experience is what keeps machines running. There's people who read all day about how to fix something and still can't figure it out. I guess what Iam trying to say is lets help people instead of needing to always be right!!

reynoldston

Lawn Pro
Threads
Now you are saying believe everything I read on this forum, I don't think so. When I don't agree I say so. My experience in repairs is been doing this type of work all my life. Just a old man brow beater I guess.

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Are you saying my 34+ years as an engines instructor (most call it book knowledge) is worth less than my 40+ years working on engines. I'm not an expert and will never claim to be, I learn something new every day. Monitoring guys like Kenny V., IlEngine, reynoldston, EngineMan, have taught me a lot of new things and I'll bet they are reading books and manual everyday. I will call out anyone who posts advice which is unsafe, meaningless, wasteful of time or money and just plain stupid. Just because something worked one time in a certain situation, does not mean it will ever work again. Also, postings that are unsafe or bypass safety features, should never be allowed. Who should a reader trust and/or follow? There's only one way to answer that, trust you gut, because you are the one who will pay the price. Another old fart, BROW BEATER

Mike88se

Threads
I look at disagreements on an individual basis. If someone isn't obnoxious and pissy about it I don't mind.
If I have a pet peeve it's people who come in after a question has been answered correctly and give the same answer as if theirs is better. Not naming any names but it's usually Honda questions ;)

Mower Doctor 78006

Threads
My post wasnt directed at any one person..... just a general comment.......

D

DSepe

This forum is full of bickering about everything. I've noticed a few people on this forum that think they know everything about mowers. They tend to "skim" posts and not actually read them. I have had plenty of people quote me and say the exact same thing thinking I missed something I already had in my post. Remember 44% percent of American adults read at an 8th grade level. The I'm right your wrong stuff is really childish on here...my way is the only possible way! Showing a little class in disagreements is all I want to see. Using CAPS or getting mad and insulting isn't what a real man does.