Briggs & stratton will not start or stay running.

pugaltitude

Lawn Addict
Threads
Going by the video a good clean will usually sort it.
The carb kit dosent really have much to fit. A couple of gaskets and a needle.
Spray carb cleaner down all the holes and jets and especially the bowl nut as this is your main jet.
If that dosent sort it then could be a new carb.
I have fitted a few last cutting season if not right after 3cleans which i also use a sonic cleaner.

Threads
Going by the video a good clean will usually sort it.
The carb kit dosent really have much to fit. A couple of gaskets and a needle.
Spray carb cleaner down all the holes and jets and especially the bowl nut as this is your main jet.
If that dosent sort it then could be a new carb.
I have fitted a few last cutting season if not right after 3cleans which i also use a sonic cleaner.

Hi Pugaltitude, how do you find the sonic cleaner works on the smaller carbs, like on a saw or trimmer ect...?, over here in N.Z. they are about $400, my boss can't justify spending that money.

pugaltitude

Lawn Addict
Threads
Hi Pugaltitude, how do you find the sonic cleaner works on the smaller carbs, like on a saw or trimmer ect...?, over here in N.Z. they are about $400, my boss can't justify spending that money.

ULTRA 6050 - JAMES PRODUCTS - ULTRASONIC CLEANER 6050 | CPC

If any 2 stroke comes in for no start then they automatically get put in the sonic cleaner. They can be a time saver. I use warm water with a cleaning detergent. Then carb clean it to make sure water is dispersed and jets etc are showing they spray correct.
Also a lot of dealers charge for the sonic which would please your boss.

Bought mine a couple of years so looks different to one below but just like it.
I wouldnt pay $400 for one so bought the smaller one thats meant for jewellery which cost 」30.00 or $54.00???
It can fit 2-4 2 stroke carbs and about 2, 4 stroke carbs.

I read on this forum alot about fitting carb kits etc but can honestly say iv hardly fitted any.
As long as its clean, adjusted using the walbro "W" guage or zama "Z" guage and seals on pressure test then it will be ok.
Dont know how we would survive without one.

I googled and found this. Hope it helps. http://www.trademe.co.nz/browse/sea...chRegion=100&type=Search&sort_order=price_asc

Attachments

• SA02610-40.jpeg
    SA02610-40.jpeg
    6.3 KB · Views: 7

Threads
Thanks Pugaltitude, the original price we got was from Stihl n.z. last year at the annual tech update, thats when the boss spat the dummy and said we don't need one - until now, thanks mate , you're a living ledgend:thumbsup:

pugaltitude

Lawn Addict
Threads
Thanks Pugaltitude, the original price we got was from Stihl n.z. last year at the annual tech update, thats when the boss spat the dummy and said we don't need one - until now, thanks mate , you're a living ledgend:thumbsup:

I hope you get sorted out.

Couple of tips with a sonic cleaner is use warm water.
Also find a sonic cleaner detergent which does make a difference.
When its cleaned I then rinse with warm water and let it cool down on its own. I find some of the plastic carbs will warp.
Then I use the carb cleaner.
Good luck!!

jackdaws

Forum Newbie
Threads
today i reapir my 675EX BS engine, you must only slack a screw which hold from bottom a CARBurator . At this srew end is three small pins holes, you must clean it, put throught it a wire, blow throught compressed air, the cleaning a carb cover/bell from small sand/graxel and some impurities, then tag together back. and start, after this my engine work well as new ... greeting from slovakia