Briggs & Stratton - Not Starting

lawnguyz

Forum Newbie
Threads
Hi,
My Briggs and Stratton (model 111P02-0007-F1) lawn mower does not start anymore.

It was working last Friday while I was mowing the backyard. Outside temperature was at 101 degrees F. The lawn mower stopped and would not start. I had to wait for around 10 mins or so then it would start running again. This happened 2 more times.

The last time it stopped last Friday, it never started again.

I checked everything including:
1. float bowl -> no dirt or water
2. I added gas stabilizer and fill the tank
3. I changed the air filter
4. I changed oil

Still it does not start. I wanted to check here for help before taking it to lawn service repair store.

I have recorded a video showing the sound my lawn mower is making when pull the start coil.

Please let me know if you have any ideas on what's going on.

Thanks!

Spark*Plug

Forum Newbie
Threads
similar to this maybe?

lawnguyz

Forum Newbie
Threads
Might be similar but not really know for sure :(

My lawn mower seems to back fire telling me that valve is not open/close correct?

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Next time you get it running and it quits, check for spark. With the temps these days I’ve seen a few bad coils which are either hot shorting or having a hot open which means no spark. If it doesn’t stark now you may have one of these conditions and will not reset it self. Either way if you find no spark, time to replace the coil.

lawnguyz

Forum Newbie
Threads
Next time you get it running and it quits, check for spark. With the temps these days I’ve seen a few bad coils which are either hot shorting or having a hot open which means no spark. If it doesn’t stark now you may have one of these conditions and will not reset it self. Either way if you find no spark, time to replace the coil.
We did see sparks when we took the spark plug and and touching it against the engine as my friend pulled to start it.

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Remove the blower housing then remove the cover at the front that has OHV stamped into it
lots of videos showing how to adjust the valve lash and the only catch is remembering a 4 stroke does 2 full revolutions so you need to make sure the engine is in the right TDC when you adjust the valves
While the blower housing os off, get an inspection mirror & check the under side of that tube that goes across the engine
If you decide to take it off for a proper inspection then take plenty of photos so you know how & where all the bits go back together .

lawnguyz

Forum Newbie
Threads
Remove the blower housing then remove the cover at the front that has OHV stamped into it
lots of videos showing how to adjust the valve lash and the only catch is remembering a 4 stroke does 2 full revolutions so you need to make sure the engine is in the right TDC when you adjust the valves
While the blower housing os off, get an inspection mirror & check the under side of that tube that goes across the engine
If you decide to take it off for a proper inspection then take plenty of photos so you know how & where all the bits go back together .
Thanks for the advice. Will try tomorrow :)