Briggs & Strattion Valve guides Help Please

gravelyhead

Forum Newbie
Threads
Briggs and Strattion fans I have a 16hp single cast iron block model 326400 Synchro Balanced Engine that needs the Ex. valve guides reworked I ordered the # from the book 231218 replacement guides and these are a really thin walled bushing. This so called commercial / Industrial engine does not have replaceable guides that can be pressed out ! I think the replacement sleeves are 9mm in dia. and i need to bore the exsisting worn out guides round on the exsisting location and finish them to size with a reamer . Is there a better way ? Thanks

ILENGINE

Lawn Royalty
Threads
The only way I know to get the correct diameter holes for the replacement guides is by using the Briggs guide counterbore, and reamer set.

gravelyhead

Forum Newbie
Threads
The only way I know to get the correct diameter holes for the replacement guides is by using the Briggs guide counterbore, and reamer set.
The thin wall sleeve from B&S that i bought will press in after i use B&S counterbore and reamer . Ok Thanks

gravelyhead

Forum Newbie
Threads
Update I looked at this engine closer and found these Guides do come out But B & S does not show that in there Manual or parts book for that engine they are .563 OD and .312 ID by 2.5 long. A old manual (NOT FOR THAT MODEL) show these beening driven out for the top down and you have to break them off and finish driving them out the rest of the way. I have them out and will order some bronze and make them .