Briggs oil plug thread

rogerm

Forum Newbie
Threads
Does anybody know the thread size and pitch on Briggs engine on newer Ariens snowblower?

Lost it and trying to get one before it snows again!!

THANKS!!

SeniorCitizen

Lawn Addict
Threads
All the Briggs I ever owned had/has a 3/8" pipe thread. Pipe plugs, caps available at any Ace hardware and other places.

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Some of the newer Briggs engines have a metric plug. Post the Briggs model, type and code numbers and we can tell if it is SAE or metric. If it is SAE then like Senior said, any hardware store will be able to help you out.

rogerm

Forum Newbie
Threads
Does anybody know the thread size and pitch on Briggs engine on newer Ariens snowblower?

Lost it and trying to get one before it snows again!!

THANKS!!

Thanks but already tried TO a 1/2 npt pipe plug and did not fit TOO LARGE). Diameter Not just wrong pitch Also . or could it bemetric, straight thread, british threads or something else? I then tried 3/8npt, too small.

This seems silly, but could ruin snowblower.

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
I really can't help you in this thread unless you post the Briggs numbers.

EngineMan

Lawn Addict
Threads
Try around the pitch size of 10 and the hole size 13/16"

SeniorCitizen

Lawn Addict
Threads
I really can't help you in this thread unless you post the Briggs numbers.

NOW NOW, don't be looking at things in a negative way or that lawn boy policeman will be on your case.:laughing:

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
If the guy wants help, he has to help us. Unless you like guessing?

motoman

Lawn Addict
Threads
If this is really a problem there are charts and gauges for pipe thread pitches. Let us know. If you are adventuresome a new hole/thread could be run, but with some risk.

reynoldston

Lawn Pro
Threads
If this is really a problem there are charts and gauges for pipe thread pitches. Let us know. If you are adventuresome a new hole/thread could be run, but with some risk.

Rivets has a very good point here. Just why in the world don't you take the model and serial number and get the right oil plug. Maybe you can't find the numbers? If you do insist on not putting the right plug back in just go to any auto parts store and they will sell you a kit for striped oil plugs.