Briggs MST

pugaltitude

Lawn Addict
Threads
In your country you charge tax on hourly labor? In the US we charge sales tax only for parts sold/used. Jan 1rst, sales tax went up from 7.75% to 8%

We pay tax on everything apart from safety clothing.
Parts and labour.

Threads
We pay tax on everything apart from safety clothing.
Parts and labour.

Here in N.Z. we pay 15%G.S.T. tax on everything ( G.S.T. = goods and services tax), so our workshop hourly charge out is really $65.22 plus 15% tax = $75.003

Threads
Its very difficult as domestic customers say "its only a lawnmower" when they see the invoice.
What time do you allow to service a tractor or lawnmower?
Are you fixed menu priced?

A push mower depending if it's a 2 or 4 stroke anywhere from 45mins to 1 hour for a basic service
(but you always find somthing else wrong), 2 hours + for a ride-on (depending on size/type ect)
yes your comment on what the customer says when they get the invoice-, well some customers you wish never came in to your shop:mad: :confused2:

thse

Threads
Im 19 years old and am currently working toward my MST, which Im doing all online. And Stihl has a concrete saw that is fuel injected and it is a very good saw.

reynoldston

Lawn Pro
Threads
well some customers you wish never came in to your shop

Anyone in repair business has been there. I am to the point in my life now being retired, part time I weed them type customers out but even at that new one crops up ever so often. For some reason they think you owe them for working on there equment.

Threads
Im 19 years old and am currently working toward my MST, which Im doing all online. And Stihl has a concrete saw that is fuel injected and it is a very good saw.
good on ya mate, stick with it, the TS 500i (worlds first handheld machine with electronic fuel injection system) will be launched here early this year.

pile81

Threads
That saw is badass got to actually run one....it has diagnostic software too that you plug in to check it....there is a chainsaw as well that has a self adjusting carb ms250 I think....the gold school for stihl is pretty cool...

RegularJoe

Threads
Earned it for the 1st time in Nov. 2012.
Just discovered this forum....looking forward to following regularly and learning alot from everyone's input. :rolleyes: