Briggs I/C twin 20hp leaks gas and floods

Vitamin_E

Forum Newbie
Threads
Hi, I've been around for a while but haven't logged in in so long that I had to make a new account. Anyways, I was looking for some help with this new engine that I put on my little Husqvarna zero turn. I bought the engine off of a guy yesterday and heard it run, started right up and ran great. But today after getting everything hooked up on my mower, it keeps spitting gas out of the top of the carb and once you shut it off it doesn't want to start back up. It just keeps spinning and you can see a white vapor (gas?) coming out of the exhaust. And then when it finally does start up there's a nice cloud of black smoke. So yeah, don't really know where to go from here. New spark plugs and air filter, but same issue. Any ideas?

Michael72

Threads
I would pull carb off and clean, its flooding....check float moves freely and there in no fuel in the float itself..may be other issues but first things first!

reynoldston

Lawn Pro
Threads
Replace the carburetor needle valve. I think the only place you will find one is if you buy a carburetor repair kit.

Vitamin_E

Forum Newbie
Threads
Unfortunately I had no time yesterday to work on it so I dropped it off at the mower shop. I'm gonna give them a call today though to see how long it'll take for then to get to it, do I might just see if they could order a carb kit for me. Are these larger carburetors similar to the ones on push mowers?