Briggs Cam shaft replacement (pieces)

Smokeeater

Threads
I'm replacing the cam shaft in a briggs engine (31R607 0011 G1) cause the compression release broke. Everything else moves around ok so I think I got lucky andit just dropped in bottom.
Here's a pic of all the pieces I found in bottom. But there was a white plastic piece that I wasn't expecting. Is there a plastic piece somehwere between the arm and the camshaft itself (see pic)

Attachments

• IMG_9426.JPG
    IMG_9426.JPG
    122.8 KB · Views: 28
  • IMG_9425.JPG
    IMG_9425.JPG
    99.4 KB · Views: 30

Scrubcadet10

Staff member
Threads
that kind of looks like a piece of plastic from the Governor gear/Oil slinger. Which sometimes the ACR will take out when it fails.

Smokeeater

Threads
that kind of looks like a piece of plastic from the Governor gear/Oil slinger. Which sometimes the ACR will take out when it fails.
I looked over that and all sides didn't look like they had pieces missing on it

Smokeeater

Threads
I'm getting a new Cam this week and will look to see if that piece is part of it. There's no other plastic inside

keakar

Threads
I'm replacing the cam shaft in a briggs engine (31R607 0011 G1) cause the compression release broke. Everything else moves around ok so I think I got lucky andit just dropped in bottom.
Here's a pic of all the pieces I found in bottom. But there was a white plastic piece that I wasn't expecting. Is there a plastic piece somehwere between the arm and the camshaft itself (see pic)
i found the same thing, its not from the governor so it has to be part of the cam. the replacement cam has nothing like it so i assume its only on the oem cams when built

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
I thinking it is the piece that held the ACR together on the camshaft as if I seeing clearly enough it has a D shape hole in it.