Briggs And Stratton twin cut classic 13.5hp ride on mower electrical problem???

19maiden85

Forum Newbie
Threads
  • / Briggs And Stratton twin cut classic 13.5hp ride on mower electrical problem???
hi there please help a scottish guy in need!!!!!
i have a problem with this mower, the battery seems fine and when you turn the key a yellow light on the "dash" lights up and nothing happens. I have tested the switch on the seat, where the bag at the back gets put on , the ignition switch, the blade height switch, every switch i can see and nothing!!!! i have jumped the starter and it tries to start the motor . so to me the motor is ok but the electrics are the problem please help me if you can cheers!!

i have also checked the solenoid and seems to be working!

Mikel1

Threads
  • / Briggs And Stratton twin cut classic 13.5hp ride on mower electrical problem???
Mower model # would help.
Have you inspected the wiring and connectors?

19maiden85

Forum Newbie
Threads
I am not able to access the mower at the moment but will give all info as son as i can.
yes while i was checking all the switches i could find i inspected all connectors and the wires for any cuts.

All i know right now it is a briggs and stratton twincut classic 13.5/90

I have just been told that the last time this was used it was cutting very long grass and it cut out and the owner thought he might have over worked it and has been "dead" since.

KrashnKraka

Threads
hi there please help a scottish guy in need!!!!!
i have a problem with this mower, the battery seems fine and when you turn the key a yellow light on the "dash" lights up and nothing happens. I have tested the switch on the seat, where the bag at the back gets put on , the ignition switch, the blade height switch, every switch i can see and nothing!!!! i have jumped the starter and it tries to start the motor . so to me the motor is ok but the electrics are the problem please help me if you can cheers!!
I
i have also checked the solenoid and seems to be working!

Hoots Mon man! Classic Scots accquistion, hey!?
Like "free" or "for a penny" an' yer lump on like steers to a new heifer!!
/ LMAO

Okay, srsly brother, in celtic empathy I offer the following;

"I have jumped the starter and it tries to start the motor".

Begin with the basics... get the battery load tested if the "at rest" volts
check out on your multimeter.
Where that check passes get a wiring diagram and follow it from the battery
using your multimeter on "continuity", the Ohm setting.

Some assumptions made here as I well know those born talking funny
aint stooopid. That said, what you are not sure of, absolutely sure, ask.

Cheers

KK