Briggs and Stratton Mower

alumwizard

Forum Newbie
Threads
I have a briggs engine on my mower and it keeps Trying to shut of and all i have to do is bounce it slightly on the wheels and it comes back to life ,then it happens every once in a while after that! What can it be? and how can i fix it ? Regards Jim P.S. Has no Bowl it mounts to the tank??? No adjustments???

Fish

Lawn Pro
Threads
Probably just a layer of water in the bottom of the carb. Remove the air filter, dump out all of the gas and oil, then turn the mower upside down on some
old cardboard in the yard, and leave it upside down all afternoon in the sun, and let all of that moisture evaporate, then this evening, fill with fresh fuel
and new 30 wt. oil, maybe even a new air filter, and plug.

And you should be ready to mow.

gregjo1948

Threads
Maybe you have a wire shorting out. gregjo1948

alumwizard

Forum Newbie
Threads
Probably just a layer of water in the bottom of the carb. Remove the air filter, dump out all of the gas and oil, then turn the mower upside down on some
old cardboard in the yard, and leave it upside down all afternoon in the sun, and let all of that moisture evaporate, then this evening, fill with fresh fuel
and new 30 wt. oil, maybe even a new air filter, and plug.

And you should be ready to mow.

Thanks i will try that!!

Threads
Yeah Briggs is known for running the kill switch wire under the intake manifold and against the block check that wire and its probably grounding its self out.