Briggs and Stratton linkage help please

Coyley

Forum Newbie
Threads
Hi guys,

Today my B & S wouldnt start, so i pulled the carb apart to clean it up.
Once i put it back on i noticed that regardless of the throttle position the white throttle butterfly clip will not move.

This is the first time i have cleaned the carb on this mower.

Is there another spring or something missing, hence why it wouldnt start in the first place OR have i put it back together wrong?

Thanks
Mark
DSC_0028.JPG123.jpg

ILENGINE

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
The linkages look correct. If you can move the white thing aka throttle shaft back and forth without binding then you are fine.

Boobala

Lawn Pro
Threads
Hi guys,

Today my B & S wouldnt start, so i pulled the carb apart to clean it up.
Once i put it back on i noticed that regardless of the throttle position the white throttle butterfly clip will not move.

This is the first time i have cleaned the carb on this mower.

Is there another spring or something missing, hence why it wouldnt start in the first place OR have i put it back together wrong?

Thanks
Mark
View attachment 26274View attachment 26273

See if these instructions may help solve your issue ...... SCROLL DOWN on the page that opens ......... Boobala :smile:

http://outdoorpowerinfo.com/repairs/#id_briggs

Coyley

Forum Newbie
Threads
The linkages look correct. If you can move the white thing aka throttle shaft back and forth without binding then you are fine.

Thanks,

Am i correct in saying that the white tab in the photo wouldnt move unless the mower is turned on / carb is under load?
The whole linkage moves freely.

ILENGINE

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
The spring will hold the throttle open when the engine isn't running. But when it starts the rod coming from then other direction will pull against the spring to regulate the speed.

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
In the photo the throttle butterfly is fully open and against the throttle stop.
The governor pulls the other way and closes down the throttle so the default position is WFO
The spring pulls against the govenor and trys to hold he throttle open.'
Now in your photo it looks like the anchor point for the spring is bent back.
This oft happens when you run into a bush.
So if it won't run at sped, bend this tab back a little bit but be careful there is a fine line between too fast and BANG.