Briggs and Stratton Head bolts

CaseysCorner

Forum Newbie
Threads
My daughter decided to help me when I was at work and tore down this Briggs and Stratton motor . She placed the Head bolts in a can. I was reinstalling the new parts and realized that 3 of the head bolts have a thicker washer (spacer) .Its a model 126M02 6675-F2
Its a standard 8 bolt pattern but I don't know where the thicker washers go.
Lesson learned hide the tools when I go to work LOL, Ill give her credit for trying.

Thanks

BlazNT

Lawn Pro
Threads
I just went to 5 different sites to look for the head bolts. At every site they are all the same. The only thing I can think of is if the muffler attaches to the head then it would be those bolts.

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Me thinks you will find the thicker washers are spacers to allow the air ducting to fit properly.
A couple of the head bolts oft hold the engine top cover and these have spacers on them as well.
Go to B &S web site and download the exploded parts diagrams.
The spacers are some times shown as part of the cover section & not the head because they vary acording to what trim the mower was made to.

CaseysCorner

Forum Newbie
Threads
Thanks for the help, I am on the right path. The three with the washers are the longer of the eight. I found my head pattern and installed them. Thanks Again.