Briggs and Stratton Fuel pumps

jawsfree

Forum Newbie
Threads
I have an Ariens mower with the mod 407777 Briggs 2cly INTEK in it .. I have followed the path that many on here have with the fuel system ... The mower has 60 hours total time on it and the fuel problem was progressive .. When it was new .. set the choke hit the started and it fired right up ... Now it will almost crank the battery dead before it starts .. Unless I pull off the cover and pour in some fuel and it will start right up ...
Like many I replaced the fuel pump .. And while it was apart I was getting plenty of flow gravity fed from the tank ..
One thing I noticed on the original pump there was a cap on the center line which is a vacuum source I assume .. And after changing the pump I still have the problem and sometimes it feels like it's running out of fuel while mowing .. Which it didn't do before with or without the cap on the vac line ...
Where can I get a diagram and explanation of the fuel system ?
And I've always ran fresh Ethanol free gas with stabilizer in it from new
Also does this Briggs motor need battery power to run or just to start ? It's the original battery in the mower that's always had a tender on it .. It turns it over fine but it does ware down trying to start the mower the way it is now

Did you ever find a solution to your problem? I am having the same problem with my Husqvarna riding mower with the same motor. I have not replace the fuel pump because I assumed if I could get it started at all and it ran fine after getting it started then the fuel pump should be fine. I have also checked the choke, cleaned the carb out, changed the plugs, oil, fuel filters and tried taking gas cap off too but still not luck. Very frustrating. I am going to make a new post on this to see what ideas others may have.