briggs 6hp ohv

grim1

Threads
So what side is the primer hole on, on your original carburetor?
Just tried to add images but it says too big so back to the drawing board. The primer hole on the original carb is top left (as you look at engine with filter removed) The replacement is the same. It does appear most are on the opposite side. Primer on filter is on left too.

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
It don't suppose move it would at max throttle due to slight governor spring tension. Once the engine running then the air vane will move the throttle plate (butterfly) vane to a governed speed that you select via the throttle control. The governor spring goes from the governor link which is attached to the carb and throttle control

As for reduce the pixel count to 1000 x 1000 or less and retry.

As air filter base primer hole there should be a channel along the bottom edge forming a cross over which is why you have a gasket there. Also if this base does like the other style does they warp in this area and then requires a modify gasket assy or or new air filter base.

slomo

Lawn Addict
Threads
Fair play, held your hands up, so respect Slomo. I'm still holding out for someone who might be able to offer their knowledge. Just out of curiosity, is it likely to be an issue if i use a carb with choke on a system which has originally been designed to run with a primer bulb incorporated into the air filter? Do i need to isolate the primer and block off the air vent? I am guessing I do. This particular motor appears to be OEM set up for either system depending on the mowers manufacturer. Is the air filter going to be of a similar size to cope with either set up? I believe the choke carb uses a rectangular filter where mine uses the oval. This might also help alleviate any issues associated with the leaking gasket between carb and filter which appears to be a common problem?
Carb for carb, if the only difference is a choke plate, I don't see an issue. Just run a simple choke cable is all. Now if the jetting is different.......

grim1

Threads
Now i'm really confused. There is no air vane. The governor lever runs directly from the engine casing by a wire link onto the carb off a preformed ring which also attached is a spring that connects to the throttle plate. The throttle cable attaches to the same plate at a different point. There is also no channel in the air filter base, just a hole that lines up with the carb and obviously gasket hole too. The carbs on both ends are identical to the OEM. I can't get my head around how I am supposed to set the governor if It doesn't move the carb shutter to full throttle or do I ignore the shutter on the carb and just go by the throttle plate? I also can't see how I can start the machine when I have no control over the carb. I am thinking there is something entirely ridiculous I am missing here. I have had a lot of small machine engines pass through my hands and have never been stumped by something like this.

slomo

Lawn Addict
Threads
Pictures and youtube videos help us a lot to assist you. Read up on resizing images or put up a youtube video and link it here.

grim1

Threads
Carb for carb, if the only difference is a choke plate, I don't see an issue. Just run a simple choke cable is all. Now if the jetting is different.......
Yeah I feel fairly sure about the choke set up and I'm just going to use that with the lever it came with. Cables are a pain in the A£%& and just something else to go wrong. I'm a keep things simple kind of guy which reflects my intellect exactly. I'm not even going to consider the jetting at this point.👍

grim1

Threads
And finally we have pictures. Can't exactly explain how I did it but it was something to do with windows 11, photos, right click image, resize, change size to 1000 as advised by Star Tech (thank you) and hopefully bingo. Everyone got that?:unsure:As you might notice I have no pictures of the OEM carb because I stripped it to clean and somehow have managed to mix my parts bin up. And yes, I take a lot of tablets for my condition(s). Apologies if the pictures are no use at all but I have tried my best today. The throttle plate in pic 1 is how it sits against the inlet (with gaskets/spacers etc) NO.2 and 3 are self explanatory and no.4 is what happens when you get beyond your capabilities too quickly. I have found a parts diagram for my particular engine on Briggsbits and I will attempt to get it on here if required however it does not explain much except that I am missing no parts. Thanks gents.(and ladies if any are interested or even care).

Attachments

• IMG_20230927_134943.jpg
    IMG_20230927_134943.jpg
    34.6 KB · Views: 3
  • IMG_20230927_134955.jpg
    IMG_20230927_134955.jpg
    67.7 KB · Views: 3
  • IMG_20230927_135019.jpg
    IMG_20230927_135019.jpg
    54.5 KB · Views: 3
  • IMG_20230927_135039.jpg
    IMG_20230927_135039.jpg
    42.2 KB · Views: 3

grim1

Threads
Mine is 222c and I am using 209a spring which is new.
1695835382720.png

Scrubcadet10

Staff member
Threads
I've never seen a carburetor with the primer hole and choke. But I don't see a reason why that carburetor shouldn't work properly.