Briggs 4HP Model 8P502-0079-F1 carb issue

RedWingRider172

Forum Newbie
Threads
Briggscarb.jpg

I have a trim mower with this carb on it. It wasn't running when I got it and will run if gas is put into cylinder - won't run otherwise. I've cleaned the carb - it appears there is a hose missing that has something to do with the primer bulb circuit. There is nothing on the white barbed fitting in the pic attached. What should be there and where does it attach? I've looked at the parts diagrams, but they show nothing. Any suggestions?

pugaltitude

Lawn Addict
Threads
View attachment 29339

I have a trim mower with this carb on it. It wasn't running when I got it and will run if gas is put into cylinder - won't run otherwise. I've cleaned the carb - it appears there is a hose missing that has something to do with the primer bulb circuit. There is nothing on the white barbed fitting in the pic attached. What should be there and where does it attach? I've looked at the parts diagrams, but they show nothing. Any suggestions?

There shouldnt be anything connected at all.
What you need to do though is seal it up with silicone as this causes no fuel to be pumped up when you press it. They can also come loose so you can try some glue aswell.

Make sure the white fuel module is clean. It does prise off the bottom of the carb and also you can strip it down and clean it.
Be careful though as the white ring can fall out the carb where the top of the emulsion tube is in the throat of the carb.

RedWingRider172

Forum Newbie
Threads
There shouldnt be anything connected at all.
What you need to do though is seal it up with silicone as this causes no fuel to be pumped up when you press it. They can also come loose so you can try some glue aswell.

Make sure the white fuel module is clean. It does prise off the bottom of the carb and also you can strip it down and clean it.
Be careful though as the white ring can fall out the carb where the top of the emulsion tube is in the throat of the carb.

What needs to be sealed with silicone - the hole in the primer bulb or the white barbed fitting on the carb? What is the purpose of the white barbed fitting on the carb if nothing attaches to it?

I had the white ring fall out on me while cleaning the carb yesterday - took me a bit to figure that one out.

pugaltitude

Lawn Addict
Threads
What needs to be sealed with silicone - the hole in the primer bulb or the white barbed fitting on the carb? What is the purpose of the white barbed fitting on the carb if nothing attaches to it?

I had the white ring fall out on me while cleaning the carb yesterday - took me a bit to figure that one out.

The white barbed fitting is supposed to be used for a separate primer bulb with a hose but not used on that model.

Add silicone with your finger on the end and keep pushing it down until it half way.

RedWingRider172

Forum Newbie
Threads
Thank you for your patience! I will give it a try and let you know how it goes.

RedWingRider172

Forum Newbie
Threads
I sealed it up and it runs like a champ! Thx!