Briggs 18HP I/C Flat Twin Repair Manual

Fabian

Threads
Hello to all the good people on here.

I have picked up a running Briggs 422707 0015 01 87091012 and need the repair manual as the engine needs preventative maintenance (disassembly, inspection and reassembly.)
I am new to flat twin engines so all help is appreciated.

I have been advised that the earlier style of carburettor has an adjustable high speed needle. My question in relation to this is: can the fixed jet carburettor be retrofitted with an adjustable high speed needle?

On another note, what is the difference between the 42 cubic inch and the 46 cubic inch engines?
Can the 42 cubic inch engine be easily upgraded to a 46 cubic inch?

What advice can i be given as to improving the performance of the 42 cubic inch engine?
Are there any options for attaching a pull-start mechanism to the flat twin engine as it would be make things a lot easier for the engine installation in my application where it will be difficult to integrate the electric starter.

Where can i buy engine decals for this engine as i want to restore the appearance to original condition.

And lastly, are there any useful tips and tricks for disassembly and reassembly of the flat twin engine?

My email: yldflight@hotmail.com