Briggs 14.5hp motor

Tinkerer200

Threads
First off, just because a switch looks like another one does not mean the poles are the same on them. You need to find a pole which has continuity between it and the engine block when the switch is in the Off position and only in the Off position. Note I said continuity. This will be your "Kill" wire connection to connect the little wire coming from the MAG, to.

Walt Conner

tim2

Threads
Got it Tinkerer going to take another look right now.

tim2

Threads
There is not one lug that has continuity inall key positions.

tim2

Threads
I read it more closely and went and spent a few hours trying to find the right spot to hook it up to on the ignition switch and could not get it. So it's sitting there while I have a cold one. Still lost in space.

cryoburned

Forum Newbie
Threads
I see this on cars with bad starters or relays associated with the starting circuit. Have power in "run" but not "start." If you jump start them while the key is in run, they start right up. I know you posted a model number for your problem mower, and I haven't looked to see if this information is applicable, but perhaps it is.

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
1) put padlock on fridge door
2) go to bed, get a good nights sleep
3) reread the post from those who are trying to help you.
We are not there so no one is going to tell you the pink wire goes on the top left the blue goes underneath and the primrose, with the pink & Blue go in the loo.
No no no that is a toilet paper add which is where this thread is going

Now 23 days ago Boobala posted the link to your wiring diagram and you acknowledged that you had the same switch on your mower.
SO incase you are electrophobic the switch codes go like this
G = GROUND, or negative or earth or "Has continuity with the engine in all positions"
M= MAGNETO and what do you know it has a mysterious alien YELLOW wire attached to it, now lets try and think ummm eerr gees got have another couple more beers , where did I see that yellow wire before ?

POSITION 1 OFF
G + M + L
Derrr, give me a couple more beers Umm thats errr, geees what do you know magneto is connected to ground so no spark with the key in the OFF position, well who would have thought, better have another couple of Buds so that can sink in.

And just so total blithering idiots can not stuff theings up totally the G, GROUND, EARTH , NEGATIVE, WIRE THAT HAS CONTINUITY WITH THE ENGINE
Call it what you like is not part of the plug and is slanted at a different angle to all of the other wires just like it looks in the diagram.

Boobala

Lawn Pro
Threads
1) put padlock on fridge door
2) go to bed, get a good nights sleep
3) reread the post from those who are trying to help you.
We are not there so no one is going to tell you the pink wire goes on the top left the blue goes underneath and the primrose, with the pink & Blue go in the loo.
No no no that is a toilet paper add which is where this thread is going

Now 23 days ago Boobala posted the link to your wiring diagram and you acknowledged that you had the same switch on your mower.
SO incase you are electrophobic the switch codes go like this
G = GROUND, or negative or earth or "Has continuity with the engine in all positions"
M= MAGNETO and what do you know it has a mysterious alien YELLOW wire attached to it, now lets try and think ummm eerr gees got have another couple more beers , where did I see that yellow wire before ?

POSITION 1 OFF
G + M + L
Derrr, give me a couple more beers Umm thats errr, geees what do you know magneto is connected to ground so no spark with the key in the OFF position, well who would have thought, better have another couple of Buds so that can sink in.

And just so total blithering idiots can not stuff theings up totally the G, GROUND, EARTH , NEGATIVE, WIRE THAT HAS CONTINUITY WITH THE ENGINE
Call it what you like is not part of the plug and is slanted at a different angle to all of the other wires just like it looks in the diagram.

Well T****r ( Bert ) , would'nt it be nice if we were able to fix this like ( have you seen this on TV ) a Doctor in New York is performing surgery on a patient ( through the use of computers , cameras, and robotics ) somewhere in the Australian outback .... life would be so much simpler , don't you agree ...??