Briggs 126T02-0301-B1 - Need to reconnect autochoke under shroud

D

deleted

• / Briggs 126T02-0301-B1 - Need to reconnect autochoke under shroud
Newbie first post.

I recently acquired a neglected 126T02-0301-B1 (09084456) with bad varnish in the carb. I removed the carburetor and did an ultrasound clean.

On reassembly I notice that the autochoke mechanism is not connected properly "inside" the engine (under the silver shroud).
It is properly connected on the carb but the other end of the linkage is just flopping around under the shroud.
I believe this is designed to open the choke to allow more air into the carb once the engine is spinning.

Before I start randomly removing parts, can anyone please list the minimum teardown steps needed to get under that shroud to reconnect whatever it is that is disconnected/loose or broken in there.

Also, does anyone have any photos or videos showing what to expect under the shroud in a properly adjusted engine so that I can compare the pictures against whatever I find.

If anyone knows how to find a free service manual for this engine... that would be great.

Thanks

D

deleted

Newbie first post.

I recently acquired a neglected 126T02-0301-B1 (09084456) with bad varnish in the carb. I removed the carburetor and did an ultrasound clean.

On reassembly I notice that the autochoke mechanism is not connected properly "inside" the engine (under the silver shroud).
It is properly connected on the carb but the other end of the linkage is just flopping around under the shroud.
I believe this is designed to open the choke to allow more air into the carb once the engine is spinning.

Before I start randomly removing parts, can anyone please list the minimum teardown steps needed to get under that shroud to reconnect whatever it is that is disconnected/loose or broken in there.

Also, does anyone have any photos or videos showing what to expect under the shroud in a properly adjusted engine so that I can compare the pictures against whatever I find.

If anyone knows how to find a free service manual for this engine... that would be great.

Thanks

Maybe I answered my own question....

Still would be nice to find a repair manual though.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=snDXjJ4hFBk

D

deleted

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Yes the site administrators have responded to many requests to fix some imcobatabilities between the froum soft wear and the hosts softwear so emails are sort of working again.