Breaking it in

deck~dragger

Threads
I am not talking about engine break in, I'm sure there are several threads here about that. Bought a new mower in the spring [Husqvarna YT46LS] and after using it 1/2 an hour, found that it was not that comfortable. Also, it did not mow the yard as well on uneven ground as well as my 13 year old Craftsman.
I was not impressed and contemplated sending it back to the dealer. There were some things that I liked better over the old mower, so gave it a chance.
Now after 15 hours of use, there is a difference, quite a difference. Originally the seat was hard/stiff and I thought that was the way it would always be. Gladly it did not stay that way. The foam and vinyl are now more supple with use, much better.
Hard to believe but the mow quality has improved, the deck had been cutting uneven a bit on slopes. It was level, just did not seem to float right and now it actually seems to mow better than any previous mower. Also the locking differential is smoother going in and out.
It seems to reason that a new machine is tight and stiff and in use the friction smooth's out the metal to metal parts.
With a mower I had never thought about this, just took for granted off the dealer floor was the best it would ever be.

Last edited: