breaking blade belt

Threads
I can build and run mid nine second quarter mile , but can't figure this out. repowered a new cadet SERIES 2000. changed a kholer to a briggs twin. eating the long drive belt, pulleys and bearings in good shape. mower and deck have 300 hrs. seems to be slapping against the front cross member where the muffler mounts. three belts so far, have a long and short drive shaft. the short one was with the kholer. the long one with the briggs. HELP ME PLEASE:confused2:

THE SHORT SHAFT SEEMS TO BE TOO SHORT...
THANKS John

KennyV

Lawn Pro
Threads
Hello John & WELCOME to LMF...

I'm sure you will agree that different engines even within the same manufacture family, will have their own sound & vibration characteristics...
Your engine swap has "possibly" placed a vibration harmonic in that long drive belt.
I would either try adding belt guide pins/idlers OR heavier pulleys, to dampen the harmonics that are being transferred into the belt... :smile:KennyV

Threads
Hello John & WELCOME to LMF...

I'm sure you will agree that different engines even within the same manufacture family, will have their own sound & vibration characteristics...
Your engine swap has "possibly" placed a vibration harmonic in that long drive belt.
I would either try adding belt guide pins/idlers OR heavier pulleys, to dampen the harmonics that are being transferred into the belt... :smile:KennyV

thanks KennyV!! thanks for the reply and glad to be here. lots of good info, after further inspection, looks like a bent blade or quill. the long belt was setting up harmonics, so maybe I have escaped with:confused2: A small amount of grey matter!! :thumbsup::laughing: