Bolt to hold deck to engine?

grass boy

Forum Newbie
Threads
I have a Honda HRX217K5VKAA model, serial number MAGA-2624469. One of the bolts that holds the deck ( I think) to the engine fell off. The bolt screws in from the bottom of the deck and comes out through the engine block. I tried looking at various diagrams to find the part number so I can order another one. I think the part number is 9012-VE0-000, but I am not sure. Can anyone please help? Thank you.

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
90102-VE0-000
5/16-24 x 2-3/8 flange head screw.

Last edited:

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
Nope, You apparently wasn't taught the difference between SAE and Metric measuring systems. If it was I would have post a metric size; it is SAE size.

And before you ask how I know definitely the size I personally went out to a HRX217 VKAA here remove the engine bolt and sized it using thread pitch gauge and a die. The mower is sitting in my scrape pile due the customer hitting an iron rod, bending the crankshaft and shattering the mower's plastic body.

If it was a metric it would have been a M8-1.25 x 60.3mm (likely a 60 or 65mm long screw). But your mower is an American assembled unit so they used SAE screw when mounting the engine. If you try installing a M8-1.25 you are just going to screw up the threading of the engine mounting holes just the cat here that ran a M10 up into a 7/16 hole in a $300 crankshaft ruining it.

Now none of my regular screw suppliers supplies anything in flange screws over 2" so you are better off ordering the Honda screws or getting a longer screw and shortening it provided you can fine one.

Last edited:

grass boy

Forum Newbie
Threads
OK, thank you very much for the info. The reason I asked about metric was my friend and I could not get a SAE ratchet that would fit. We ended up using a metric one to get a bolt out so we could see it. In your last post, you mentioned removing the engine bolt. I looked at a diagram of the engine and it looks like (I think) there are 8 of these bolts. Am I talking about the same bolt that you removed?

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
1695920143732.png
1695920177071.png
Screw image from the Net.
1695920226698.png

In house image of actual screw.
1695920460866.png
As for the socket size it is a 1/2 (13MM).

grass boy

Forum Newbie
Threads
Thank you for sending all of the info. Sorry I haven't responded sooner. I have a couple of questions. One, the part diagram shows part number 22 (Honda collar bed ?) connecting with part 15. I don't see that on my Honda. Second, part 15 looks like it is going through the center of the engine? The screw image picture looks very much like the bolt that fell out of my mower (even with the mark on the top of the surface; my mark is a j ). I took my bolt to a hardware store yesterday and could not find a match.

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
I gave up on local hardware stores for screws years ago. Auto part stores are no better. Rarely they ever had what I needed. I switched over to Fastenal then they closed the local branch so now I am using McMaster-Carr mostly. Of I have to buy in bulk packages but as a business they will get use over time.

grass boy

Forum Newbie
Threads
In a previous post you mentioned the mower you took the bolt from is in your scrap pile. Any chance you could sell me a couple of the bolts?
90102-VE0-000
5/16-24 x 2-3/8 flange head screw.

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
Sorry I don't not sell over the internet. Shipping is just too ridiculous. Plus I don't need the headaches trying to prove Paypal payments (since our government wants to tax anything $600 in sales per year) even though I was collecting and paying our local sales tax on all sales and report on my quarterly tax filings.