Bolens MTD Riding Lawn Tractor

RickTol

Forum Newbie
Threads
I have a couple questions if someone could help me I would sure appreciate it.

I need to first know if the Idler Bracket Assembly is suppose to be tight or loose
Model Num: 13WC762F065
part number 48.. if you look that up on partstree I while back i removed the transmission and it was my first time doing so , I thought I had to remove that assembly to remove the transmission at the time, and Now I cannot remember if it bolted down tight when reinstalling it are if you leave it loose so it can move in and out freely?

Second could that be my problem now that I am having if the assembly is not tightened down correctly, when I go down a road that is on a hill it feels like at times it wants to slip and I can hear it on that side the assembly is on.... I took the transmission out and already installed new gears, and all the other stuff as well that could of had something to do with slipping.

It is like it gives for a second and then catches gain so just wondering if that could be my problem the bracket assembly is to loose and if so how tight do you tighten it thank you?

Threads
Well there are the other parts that coincide with that bracket..... If that shoulder washer is not in place then it cannot move freely, which it's supposed toooooo swivel...... Part # 47 is the shoulder washer.........

Let us know Mon Ami ~!~!

RickTol

Forum Newbie
Threads
Well there are the other parts that coincide with that bracket..... If that shoulder washer is not in place then it cannot move freely, which it's supposed toooooo swivel...... Part # 47 is the shoulder washer.........

Let us know Mon Ami ~!~!

Is that bolt and nut that holds them all together suppose to be tight or do you keep it loose? are tighten it all the way tight? thanks

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
The bolt holding the idler bracket assembly should be tight when you are finished putting everything back together. You should have a spacer washer between the bolt and assembly which will allow the bracket to pivot.

RickTol

Forum Newbie
Threads
Ok thank you, will try and let you know how it works out sure appreciate your help.