bobcat

edd

Threads
anybody running a bobcat predator pro? dealer here has a good deal on a demo...61 inch deck with 34 kawa......wondering if anybody can speak firsthand about bobcat quality

djdicetn

Lawn Addict
Threads
anybody running a bobcat predator pro? dealer here has a good deal on a demo...61 inch deck with 34 kawa......wondering if anybody can speak firsthand about bobcat quality

There have been several forum users that purchased/owned a Bobcat and I've only heard good things about their quality. Have you checked out the Bobcat website? There were no dealers close to me when I was looking last fall or i would have taken a look at least.

P.S.
Also, I've read customer reviews that these ZTR's have a natural tendency to stripe(without a striper kit).

P.S.S.
I've done some side-by-side tech spec comparisons and the Bobcat FastCat Pro is very similar in build to my Gravely 100XDZ. The Predator Pro is a "step up" and would compare to a Gravely Pro-Turn 200XDZ(that has a recommended MSRP of $10,399...on sale right now for $9699). The Gravely's, though have a little beefier deck in my opinion(all 7gauge with a lifetime warranty). Both of the Bobcats I mentioned have a 10 gauge shell with 7gauge and 3gauge reinforcements). The Predator Pro weighs about the same as the Gravely Pro Turn 200 and has a slightly larger Kawasaki engine(the Gravely has a 27hp). Very comparable machines overall though.
What is the dealer asking for the demo???

Last edited:
Threads
There have been several forum users that purchased/owned a Bobcat and I've only heard good things about their quality. Have you checked out the Bobcat website? There were no dealers close to me when I was looking last fall or i would have taken a look at least.

The closest dealer to me is over 20 mins. away...and it just looks like a farm! After that it's 30 miles away. :frown:

djdicetn

Lawn Addict
Threads

So you passed on that Hustler Super Z you were looking at???

P.S.
My local dealer shows the Pro Turn 400XDZ(60") with the Kawa on sale at $11,199(regularly $12,239). That would definitely outclass that Bobcat!!!! Maybe your Gravely dealer has a 460 demo:0)

edd

Threads
no demo at gravely dealer plus their service dept is not good.....heard this from other customers of theirs......can get a big dog diablo x demo for 7300 or the bobcat predator pro for 8500 ......super z is good but their is not 3500 dollars difference over the diablo.....bobcat predator pro is more comparable to gravely 460 imho......

Altarboy

Forum Newbie
Threads
I'm not much help as I recently bought my Bobcat and only have 5 hours on it, but it is too fine for words. My 2.5 acre lawn (with muy trees thanks to arborday foundation) which used to take around four hours now takes about an hour and a half.

Brucebotti

Threads
I'm not much help as I recently bought my Bobcat and only have 5 hours on it, but it is too fine for words. My 2.5 acre lawn (with muy trees thanks to arborday foundation) which used to take around four hours now takes about an hour and a half.

How about some pictures? :smile:

djdicetn

Lawn Addict
Threads
I think the OP(user edd) decided to go with a deal he got on a Big Dog Diablo. A fine machine in it's own right!! Anxiously awaiting a picture from him:0)
BTW, I've only heard good things about Bobcat ZTR's, but was mildly surprised that edd mentioned that the Predator Pro had aluminum spindle housings rather than the heavy duty/commercial cast iron(unusual for a $8K ZTR). Not saying that aluminum spindle housings are not durable/reliable but the cast iron can take a lot of punishment compared to the aluminum without any problems.

edd

Threads
demoed a predator pro and was impressed....pros----mowed thru grass at 12 mph....comfortable seat....good purchase program......cons----higher center of gravity than big dog....new type battery which cant be replaced cheaply.....looked like a good quality mower and probly would have bought it if this big dog diablo had not been priced 1500 dollars lower....

exotion

Lawn Addict
Threads
I have a had time believing it can give a quality cut at 12mph this sounds like transport speed