blower

boston

Threads
One of my backpack blowers is running rough. It bogs up and down when running and turns off when I press the trigger down all the way. It has been sitting in my garage unused for at least 3 months so I think its bad gas. I just need some opinions but I'm changing the gas anyway

Ric

Lawn Pro
Threads
One of my backpack blowers is running rough. It bogs up and down when running and turns off when I press the trigger down all the way. It has been sitting in my garage unused for at least 3 months so I think its bad gas. I just need some opinions but I'm changing the gas anyway

When was the last you changed or cleaned the spark plug. If it's running rough that would be the first thing on my list then check the air filter and maybe replace both.

boston

Threads
I never changed the spark plug its not even a year old but I will get one.

Ric

Lawn Pro
Threads
Something else you may want to check if it has been sitting three months and you think it could be bad gas is to smell the gas in the blower and see if it smells like ethanol instead of gas. If it does get some fresh gas, clean the plug and air filter and you should be good to go.

boston

Threads
Ok thanks. It was bad gas and now its working good. I cleaned the air filter also.

exotion

Lawn Addict
Threads
Also check the exhaust if its 2 cycle the exhaust might be gummed up and causing problems?