Blade Sharpening Angle

SeniorCitizen

Lawn Addict
Threads
1715690440859.jpeg
If you have a extra vise , to hold the RT. Angle grinder level and get the desired angle by shimming the vise base . This takes all the guess work from the blade angle .

GearHead36

Threads
If everything is clamped down in vises, how do you move the grinder over the blade?

SeniorCitizen

Lawn Addict
Threads
1715739168836.jpeg
Note :
The vise angle is maneuvered by allowing the base to partially rest on a piece of wood the thickness necessary and positioned to achieve the 30 degrees tilt so the grinder can be held level at the top . The wood in the jaws depicts a 1/4 hick blade .
When a blade needs sharpened i'll post the result .

Lawn Addict
Threads
My OE blades are Marbain Steel (heat treating process) they really hold an edge very well.
& my Oregon blades are my #2 Favorite..

Tiger Small Engine

Threads
View attachment 68650
Note :
The vise angle is maneuvered by allowing the base to partially rest on a piece of wood the thickness necessary and positioned to achieve the 30 degrees tilt so the grinder can be held level at the top . The wood in the jaws depicts a 1/4 hick blade .
When a blade needs sharpened i'll post the result .
Most blades I see from customers are very dull and chipped. The blades are usually sharpened at too steep an angle also. They do not sharpen them near enough. There are blade sharpeners you can buy to achieve the desired angle of about 30 degrees. The problem is the mulching style blades where there are distinct sections to sharpen. I have found only an angle grinder, a good eye, and years of practice to be the best solution to sharp blades.

SeniorCitizen

Lawn Addict
Threads
If i can find a neighbor that needs a blade sharpened i can get a pic you'll understand .