blade replace

LMPPLUS

Threads
Digiacomo, if the picture of the H pattern is what have and a 42" cut your blades (new) will be 21 3/16" measured diagonally, yours maybe a little shorter because of wear, the Rotary # 1031 is a straight cut and # 1032 mulching blade.

Digiacomo

Threads
Digiacomo, if the picture of the H pattern is what have and a 42" cut your blades (new) will be 21 3/16" measured diagonally, yours maybe a little shorter because of wear, the Rotary # 1031 is a straight cut and # 1032 mulching blade.
they measure ..21 and 3/16.........these blades were on this mower upside down when i bought it, the cutting edge never hit a blade of grass.........could be, that's why they sold it.......under the dust it was like new.........

SamB

Threads
they measure ..21 and 3/16.........these blades were on this mower upside down when i bought it, the cutting edge never hit a blade of grass.........could be, that's why they sold it.......under the dust it was like new.........
That DOES reduce the sharpening requirements per season!

slomo

Lawn Addict
Threads
these blades were on this mower upside down when i bought it, the cutting edge never hit a blade of grass.........could be, that's why they sold it
Bought several perfect mowers like this. Raise the deck up. Look at the blade. Another look at the blade. Nother look. WTF, blade is on upside down. Classic.......

Digiacomo

Threads
Hammer, hammer, hammer
I used an 8 lb sledge and my anvil to get it straight, but you need heat for the bend in the cutter end, My torch tanks have been out of gas and oxygen for a couple of years, [ I went from steel work to wood turning, a very satisfying hobby ]...... new blades are cheaper than filling my tanks,,,,,

Honest Abe

Threads
I used an 8 lb sledge and my anvil to get it straight, but you need heat for the bend in the cutter end, My torch tanks have been out of gas and oxygen for a couple of years, [ I went from steel work to wood turning, a very satisfying hobby ]...... new blades are cheaper than filling my tanks,,,,,
sounds like the original owner preferred to have his lawn have that beaten and battered look, rather than cut-n-trimmed. 🙄

Digiacomo

Threads
I got my blades,........ opened package and the pattern was a star, OH SH!T.........THE star pattern worked great.....the blades might have been a little lighter than my originals, but the mower doesn't care......

thanks for all the advice and pointers......I'm gonna burn the stump that got the blade.....Isn't that how they do it DC.........they always have somebody else to blame for their screwups....;-)

Digiacomo

Threads
sounds like the original owner preferred to have his lawn have that beaten and battered look, rather than cut-n-trimmed. 🙄

slomo said that he has seen this happen a few times....so I guess it is not uncommon.........

slomo

Lawn Addict
Threads
slomo said that he has seen this happen a few times....so I guess it is not uncommon.........
Bought 3 cherry push mowers from this very thing. Mower doesn't cut well....... One was a virgin Commercial Snapper pusher looked brand new. Blade on upside down LOL. Paid a whopping 80 bucks for that machine. Big Kawasaki FJ180V engine too. Swear it had break in oil inside her.